Friday, July 8, 2016

Summer Goals & Struggles





Happy Holidays everybody! Sorry better late than never!!! That 👆🏽 was the 4th of July scene in Naples, where I spent the weekend. 

I was happy for a new month as June was my worst month in 2 years. I only sold 30 items....it sucked! Thankfully, some of you gave me good advice and all my items have best offer attached and I listed some non-clothing items. I cleaned out my closets and listed a bunch of small stuff, just for some money. Then, I went shopping in thrifter's paradise aka Naples. I bought 28 items in Naples and have listed 24 of them in the last two days. I found some new brands to scratch off my list including; Avanti, Max Mara, DD Ranch, Club Monaco, Eton, Robert Graham and Grace in LA. Also, found great regular brands like Ralph Lauren purple label, Jamie Sadock, Jhane Barnes, RRL, Kahala, 7 For All Mankind, Rag Bone, Brioni, Hudson and Nat Nast. My favorite but was probably a 1988 Super Mario lunch box with the thermos. I love finding items from my childhood! 


So I normally hit the money saving goals I set for myself. That will NOT be the case this summer. My goal was to save in June and July for a new TV, a few dental procedures and to incorporate the non-profit organization I want to start. Total was about $1600. Then, I wanted to save in August and early September to take Courtney on a trip for her birthday. Well, the only attainable goal left is taking Courtney on a trip. $800 in vet bills killed my goals and now they say Buckeye is heart worm positive and that treatment is $1200. Ugh! It was a bad time to have my worst month in years. Luckily, I've already sold 21 items in July. Here are some of my recent sales: 




       Stone Cold Steve Austin T-Shirt 

          Cost: $0.00          Sold: $17.99 

I had this shirt sitting in my closet and decided I didn't need it anymore. Wrestling is my guilty pleasure! Vintage wrestling items can sell for good money. 



      Lane Bryant Women's Pants NWT 

          Cost: $2.50          Sold: $23.00




       Voltron Aladdin Lunch Box 1984 

          Cost: $1.99          Sold: $14.99 




          Nike Tennis Dress Size Small 

          Cost: $6.99          Sold: $24.99





       NYDJ Jeans Rhinestones Size 4 

          Cost: $3.50          Sold: $17.99





       Kahala Men's Hawaiian Shirt XXL 

          Cost: $2.15          Sold: $15.00 


If you aren't selling Marithe Francois Girbaud clothing, you need to start! Here are all MFG jeans I've sold in the last two weeks: 



          Cost: $4.99          Sold: $39.00




          Cost: $4.99          Sold: $25.00





          Cost: $3.99          Sold: $31.99





          Cost: $3.99          Sold: $25.99 


Using the best offer option has definitely brought me more sales. They might not be the big sales I would like, but at least it's money in my pocket. Every dollar counts in my journey to pay vet bills. 

Hope everyone is staying cool and hydrated. Here was our temperature yesterday: 



2 comments:

  1. You've sold A LOT already this month! WTG!!! I hope you bumped up your listing prices before you added BO. You need to give yourself a little cushion for negotiating. :)

    I've sold 10 items. This first week has been S L O W compared to last month. We're going on vacation for 10 days and I've set the store up for that and changed my handling time. Kind of nervous about an item that sold this morning and the buyer hasn't paid yet. Obviously, it needs to be shipped before we leave. Why, oh why?!

    Best wishes for a successful month. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the scary part of going on vacation! I hope they paid before you left or you just told them they have to wait. That's the biggest drawback of doing best offer for me: you never know when you will get paid.

      Delete