Wednesday, March 8, 2017

On Fire!!!!








This is my hometown of Naples, Florida.  Its literally on fire right now.  The bottom picture is from 10 miles from the fire.  Its raining ash up to 20 miles away.  I'm praying for all the people and animals in the area.  My god brother lives right near the fire and had to evacuate.  So far, the firefighters have kept it from jumping the freeway and destroying his house, but the freeway is closed and its very close.  Very scary situation.


As far as ebay goes, I've been on fire as well.  February was my best month ever.  I sold 100 items for the first time! My profit was the best I've ever made and I reached 900 positive feedback with zero negative feedback.  Hope I didn't just jinx myself! I have 296 items listed currently, which is 66 more than I've had before now.  March is on pace to break February's records.  I'm just being more aggressive and working harder.  I'm selling many of my possessions and have done a significant amount of thrift shopping.  I've literally run out of room in my home to store items and need to think of a storage solution.  I hate clutter.  Really I've been motivated by Donald Trump.  I have no idea what tomorrow will bring for disabled people, so I'm trying to make as much money as I possibly can to pay off all my medical bills.  I owe a lot in medical bills and am tired of that hanging over my head.  How was your February?  How is March so far?  What is motivating you?


Here are some of my better sales in the last 3 weeks:








I always buy Supra shoes if they are a fair deal.  The skater brand of shoes seem to sell for a good profit and fairly quickly.






These only cost me $4.00.  If it says Prada....it will sell!














Jerseys are my favorite item to buy and sell.  They never go out of style and the older, the better.  If you don't buy and sell men's clothing; at least glance through the section for jerseys every time you enter a thrift store.  This jersey cost me $4.29.

























I thought these were cool.  I wasn't sure of their worth and didn't buy them on my first visit to Goodwill.  Instead; I took a picture and looked them up at home (I do this often when I am unsure about an item). I discovered they were from 1989 and selling for a pretty big amount.  So, the next day I went to Goodwill and bought them for $6.00.






I'm a sucker for vintage toys. Every time.






This Burberry sweater only cost me $2.00 at my favorite thrift store in Fort Myers, FL last week.  $2.00 for a Burberry sweater!  There is a reason its my favorite thrift store in the country.










A kid (now man) I coached for years gave me a bunch of jerseys to sell.  He is moving and didn't want them taking up space.  I offered to split the profit with him but he declined.  I will use the profit to pay on my medical bills.  People give me stuff to sell on ebay all the time.  Keep your eyes and ears open for free stuff to sell!






























I find 7 For All Mankind jeans all the time and rarely buy them.  On my trip to Naples, I found three pairs for good prices.  I expected them to be listed for a while but all three sold within days of me listing them.  You never know with ebay!  Maybe I will buy them more often?







What were your best sales of February?  I'd love to learn about some new brands.  I kind of get tired of buying and selling the same brands over and over again.


2 comments:

  1. Look out for Bybee pottery. It was made and sold in the county I live in, and was very in demanded. It is no longer made. I recently sold a cat figurine for $34 plus shipping. I had it stored in my parents house and thought it was pretty ugly! It is pretty distinctive and easy to spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. I the regular reader of your blog and your blogs always the source of great information for me. Reseller Websites

    ReplyDelete