We made it home from Las Vegas late Saturday night. The picture is downtown Orlando from the plane. I'm pretty tired. 48,475 steps in 3 days for someone who has undergone 10 knee surgeries is kind of insane. Yet; I have new goals to start on. February was my lazy month...not March!
This brings me to an important question:
Which do you enjoy more; finding a treasure or selling a treasure?
The answer to that question describes your selling style. Initially, I enjoyed finding a treasure more and had a ton of inventory waiting to be listed. Now, I like selling a treasure A LOT more than finding one and I don't have any inventory waiting to be listed. Why?
1. I've found so many amazing items that the hunt isn't such a big deal anymore. I only went thrift shopping twice in February.
2. I know enough about brands to maximize my return on just a few thrifting days a month.
3. I do this to make money! Nothing makes me money just sitting in the closet.
What is your selling style? Are you a hunter or a seller? Has it changed through time?
Right now I only have 159 items listed. I sold 56 in February. Not bad considering I only listed 8 items the whole month. I do need make a few trips to Goodwill soon. 159 items listed is my lowest number in a long time. My next few goals for my ebay selling are:
1. Save the money for the deposit and first month's rent on a new place to live
2. Sell enough to take a trip to Cedar Point for my birthday in May
3. Save for a HUGE New England road trip this summer
What are you working towards?
Here are a couple things I sold yesterday:
Harley Davidson vintage leather jacket
Cost: $40.00 Sold: $150.00
This is BY FAR the most I've ever spent on an item to flip. $12 was my previous high! I just knew there was a lot of money to be made on the jacket though. It was absolutely stunning!
Marni Cropped/Rolled Women's jeans
Cost: $6.00 Sold: $90.00
Marni is one of my favorite brands. I walked into my Goodwill a couple weeks ago and only walked out with 2 items. They were 2 pairs of these exact jeans. One is a size 27 and one a 28. They were an amazing find and really strange to find two great items surrounded by junk. Usually if you find something THAT good....there is more. Oh well I'll take it!