Sunday, February 28, 2016

March Jeans Contest






Who is down for a contest? I tried to create a monopoly board and place each jeans brand in a slot but got frustrated. So, I will just make a list. Here is how it will work. 

1. I'm going to list 26 jeans brands and assign them each a point value. 

2. You thrift shop and search for these brands. They can be for you to sell or keep yourself. You MUST buy the jeans...not just find them. 

3. Email me a picture of the jeans or the receipt. BeU352@gmail.com. 

4. I'll keep track of who has scored the most points. The better the brand, the more points it's worth. 

5. The contest will last all of March. Whoever has the most points on April 1st, I'll send you a valuable pair of jeans to sell. 

6. I'll announce the point totals each week. Btw: if I win....I'm keeping the jeans! Haha! No I won't but don't let me win. You'll never hear the end of it 😃. 

7. If your down to play either comment below or send me an email with your first purchase. 

8. Only jeans purchased between February 29th and March 31st count. Why not allow an extra day for leap day? 


So here are the brands and their point values: 


True Religion- 50 points 
Miss Me- 45 points 
Gucci- 40 points
Diesel- 40 points
Hudson- 35 points 
J Brand- 35 points 
Mother- 30 points 
Affliction- 30 points 
Naked & Famous- 30 points 
Versace- 30 points 
Marithe Francois Girbaud- 20 points
Marni- 20 points
Silver- 15 points 
Vineyard Vines- 15 points 
Armani- 15 points 
Rag Bone- 14 points 
MEK- 13 points 
NYDJ- 11 points 
7 For All Mankind- 10 points 
BKE- 9 points 
Big Star- 8 points 
Citizens of Humanity- 7 points
Lucky Brand- 5 points 
Adriano Goldschmied- 5 points
Joe's Jeans- 3 points 
Paige- 2 points 


So who is down? Sounds like a fun competition. 

5 comments:

  1. I'll give it a try. The thing is, I rarely buy jeans unless it's the $2 Sale at GW - and that was Friday and yesterday. Nevertheless, I'll give the jeans a look when I'm there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, I rarely buy them because my GW charges $9.99 a pair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One more comment...

    I found a pair of Hudson on Friday at the $2 Sale. Happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have quit buying jeans UNLESS they are REALLY good b/c I have 3 bins full of jeans!! Up until the past year I have done way more thrifting than listing. Good ones too: Mostly J Brand, True Religion, Mek, Miss Me and Silver.
    You have inspired me to stop procrastinating and get them listed!!! Thanks for the inspo =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The schlumpy jeans are too long so they are bunching up. Perhaps rolled up a turn or two would help the final look. Love this blog - always humorous and informative.
    cheap skinny jeans

    ReplyDelete