Thursday, February 4, 2016

Top 10 Shirt Brands/Types to Buy


Hello there! Hope everyone is well. If it rains much more in North Florida, we're going to need an ark! This morning was the first morning of 2016 I woken up without an ebay sale to ship. That's a pretty good little stretch 😃. 

Anyway, here are the Top 10 shirt brands or types I look for. Keep in mind, I rarely shop in the women's shirt section. I don't have the time or the patience for it. Some of the items on the list apply to men's and women's clothing though. For those who don't shop in the men's shirt section, you're missing out. It's generally quick, easy and very profitable. If you just look for these 10 brands/types you'll be successful. So.....


10. Western Shirts with Pearl Snaps:






I'm the furthest thing from Western possible but love selling western shirts. The Western shirts with Pearl snaps sell the best. Just about any brand will sell but I've sold Salt Valley, Ariat and just bought the Lucky Brand shirt directly above yesterday. 



9. Ralph Lauren 













I would advise against buying every Ralph Lauren item you find; they are EVERYWHERE. Yet; there are some lines of Ralph Lauren that sell for huge profits. You want to find Purple or Black label shirts. Purple is Ralph Lauren's #1 line and Black is #2. I've found 2 Black Label shirts including the one directly above but never been lucky enough to find a Purple Label shirt. I also buy any vintage Ralph Lauren shirts like the striped T-shirt above and rugby style shirt. The last Ralph Lauren line I always look for is RRL. The tag looks like this: 



The one RRL shirt I found sold with flaws and all for $40.00. 



8. Hawaiian shirts: 














I actually have a list of just Hawaiian shirt brands I'm trying to find. I'm still searching for most but love to buy Tommy Bahama, Tori Richard, Paradise Found, Reyn Spooner and Kahala. You can also find these shirts in the women's section. I usually sell Hawaiian shirts in lots but make exception for really nice or valuable shirts. For instance; the DISNEY Hawaiian shirt above I sold for $49.99. 
The most valuable Hawaiian shirts are 100% silk and actually made in Hawaii. Also, the brighter the shirt the more $$$$ it's worth. 



7. Dragonfly: 







Dragonfly shirts are very unique and will immediately grab your attention. I've read places to only buy certain Dragonfly shirts but I buy them when I see them no matter what. I've only found these two, so it's not a brand you will find often. I generally sell them for around $25. 



6. Harley Davidson T-Shirts: 










If it says Harley Davidson....it's in my cart! Harley Davidson T-Shirts are no exception. Men's or women's; large or small, I buy them all. I sell them in lots unless they are vintage, which I sell individually. 



5. Nat Nast: 








Buy any Nat Nast shirt you find. I even bought one with stains yesterday! They usually look like bowling shirts and the ones with embroidery on the back are the most valuable. 



4. Nike Drifit Collared Shirts: 










Nike produces Drifit collared shirts for universities and they can sell for good money. I've bought and sold Florida State University, Duke University, The University of Florida and bought George Mason yesterday. They generally sell between $25-$40. I haven't bought any, but I'm sure they produce women's versions also. Alumni and fans of the universities buy these quickly to wear at work or at games. 

* In general I buy any nice collared shirt or sweater from universities. You can count on the user name of the buyer including that teams mascot somewhere. You lost a women's Ohio State sweater and Buckygal523 is buying it! Major universities have HUGE fan bases that love to spend money on gear for their team. * 



3. Tommy Bahama Embroidered shirts: 










Tommy Bahama produces two types of Hawaiian shirts: plain Hawaiian shirts and those with a design embroidered on the back. The plain shirts sell between $5-$20 usually. I'm only buying those if they are really cheap. The ones with an embroidered back design I've sold for between $40-$70. That's a huge difference! Great thing is: thrift store employees don't know the difference. If you find a Tommy Bahama Hawaiian shirt with an embroidered back....buy it. Now! 

* Everything I just said applies to Tori Richard Hawaiian shirts also. * 



2. Polo Sport Bear Shirts: 









Polo Sport is a line of Ralph Lauren from the 1990's that is no longer produced. Buy anything you find from Polo Sport. If you are lucky enough to find a Polo Sport item with the bear on it....smile all the way to the register. You can even do an "I own this walk" pimp or model walk, whichever suits you best. Polo Sport released a very limited number of items with the bear on it each year, so they are not easy to find. I found the T-Shirt above at a Goodwill between Naples and Fort Myers; the week after Christmas. I knew it was worth $$. I listed it at $49.99 and it sold in less than an hour. Maybe I should've priced it higher but I'm happy. The rugby shirt I've had listed for $57 for a couple months. There is no other one like it listed on eBay, so I might have to adjust the price. Either way, I will make a big profit. 



1. Harley Davidson button down shirts: 











I buy EVERY button down Harley Davidson shirt I find. They are HUGE money makers. I've sold them for $35-$80. The shirt directly above I sold for $80. It was an absolutely gorgeous shirt! You can find these shirts in the men's and women's sections. Harley Davidson seems to have the most loyal following of any brand I sell. You'll have NO problem selling any Harley Davidson shirt. I've sold almost 20 button down Harley Davidson shirt and made hundreds if not thousands of dollars. You can do the same! 


So what are your favorite shirt brands to sell? Did I leave any out? 

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for this! I was in GW last night while my little one was at church, and I started in the men's department. Didn't find anything I wanted to invest in, but I'm trying to get more comfortable over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to hear you're trying to get more comfortable in the men's section. Hope this list helps. Honestly, if you just look for the items on this list you'll be successful. A few other brands I look for: Jhane Barnes, vintage Tommy Hilfiger, G Star Raw, Ermenegildo Zegna, and of course the big name expensive brands.
    The men's sections are a gold mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 70% of my inventory is men's clothes (I much prefer selling Mens over women's but I will sell anything if the price is right) I think I've sold every brand on your list except Dragonfly, never heard of it but will add to my BOLO list! I also like Hugo Boss, Patagonia, Brooks Bros, (some, not all) Columbia PFG, Vineyard Vines, Fred Perry (polo shirts) and any crazy wild vintage shirts. I'm not remembering them all, but these came right to mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 70%....I love it! I need to see my percentage. Selling men's clothing is so much easier!
      Do you find Fred Perry shirts often? It's on my BOLO list but I've never found one.

      Delete
  4. I've found it only twice, they are a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got started this last week with eBay and really appreciate this post! I've sold two items for $75 but am having a listing fog. Enjoying your blog thanks!

    ReplyDelete