Thursday, August 13, 2015

Goal to New Orleans

I mentioned last week my goal to raise $1400 by September 11th for a trip to New Orleans. September 14th is Courtney's birthday and she FINALLY (😃) allowed me to plan the day. I decided on a trip to New Orleans and am now on a mission to raise the money. I've been listing all my inventory that's been just sitting around the house; I don't have much left. Today, I called ebay and raised my monthly selling limit, so my mission isn't derailed. Btw: people complain about ebay but every time I've called, the phone call was quick and their staff was polite and very helpful. 

Here is how I have budgeted the trip and the progress I am making (in case you'd like to follow a similar model): 

New Orleans Budget (on the high side): 

Hotels: $600 
Gas: $75
Food: $300 
Misc Spending Money: $425 

Total: $1400


Progress as of August 13th: 

Ebay Income: $550
Companion Job: $300 

Total: $850 


TOTAL NEEDED TO ACHIEVE GOAL: $550 


Here are some of the items I sold this week. They aren't big money earners, as they've been sitting around the house for a while; but some money is better than no money! 



     Harley-Davidson button down shirt 

               Purchase Price: $4.49 
                    Sold: $47.00 




       J. Crew 100% cashmere sweater 

               Purchase Price: $4.49 
                    Sold: $24.00 



          Lord Jeff 5x plaid shirt: NWT 

               Purchase Price: $3.37
                    Sold: $19.99




 Tommy Bahama 100% silk men's pants

               Purchase Price: $1.14 
                    Sold: $27.00 




     Cypress Hill 1995 Blacklight poster
     I received a large poster collection 
     From my brother: all vintage. 

               Purchase Price: $0.00
                    Sold: $14.99 




     North Face pearl snap men's shirt 

               Purchase Price: 50 cents 
                    Sold: $15.99 




     Ted Baker women's denim shirt 

               Purchase Price: $4.49 
                    Sold: $11.99 






        Ariat women's fleece jacket XS 

               Purchase Price: $3.00
                    Sold: $13.99 


We realize most of these items were not big money makers, which is why they had been just sitting in the closet. We all purchase items we think will sell for a nice profit, but actually won't. I am on a mission to New Orleans and these items won't make money sitting in the closet. Even if it's just a few dollars, I'd rather sell the items then allow them to take up valuable space in my house any longer. 

What goal are you currently working on? 


No comments:

Post a Comment