Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Sad Week






The killing of 49 gay people on Sunday brought me immense sadness. The club is a little more than an hour from Gainesville and 10 minutes from my brother's house. It hit very close to home. I don't understand so much hatred in our country. I don't understand why some parents found out their child was gay and dead at the same time. I don't understand why self hatred and shame would make someone kill 49 other people. Sadly, I will never understand. 



In eBay news, I had an alright week. Summer is my down period. I work a lot at my other job and don't shop or list much. Right now I only have 147 items listed. This year I am taking a new approach to summer though. I'm paying people to shop for me. I'm paying them based on the quality of items they find. Could be interesting. Hopefully, I'll be able to expand my business and hook up some friends with some funds. 

I've only sold 13 items so far this month; since I'm on a returns streak again. Interesting you can have no returns for months then it all comes at once. eBay is odd sometimes. Here are a few of my recent sales: 




       NWO Wrestling Vintage Tee NWOT

          Cost: $2.49          Sold: $29.99


I have bought and sold several vintage NWO shirts. I openly admit I love wrestling. My dad took my brother and I as little kids and I've loved it ever since. Vintage wrestling T-shirts are a great sale. Pick them up if you find them! 




       Valentino Women's Blouse XS 

          Cost: $2.15          Sold: $30.00 





          E.T. 1982 Beach Towel NEW 

          Cost: $0.00          Sold: $25.99

Another very cool item I found in my elderly friend's closet. The towel had never been used. Wish I could find items like this in thrift shops. 




         Le Coq Sportif Vintage Jacket

          Cost: $6.00          Sold: $39.99


I've never found any other Le Coq Sportif item. Wish I did though! 




 
       Pearl Izumi Womens Cycling Jersey 

          Cost: $3.37       Sold: $25.00 


If you've been reading for a while, you know I love selling cycling jerseys. Well, Pearl Izumi is the Gucci/Hermes of cycling jerseys. I buy pretty much every cycling jersey I find and this is the only Pearl Izumi jersey I've ever found. 







       Polo Ralph Lauren XXL Polo Shirt 

          Cost: $4.49          Sold: $16.99 


I plead ignorance on this one. I knew the label was different and the shirt felt of higher quality than most. Still, I couldn't find any information on the label. The shirt sold quickly so it must be higher quality than I priced it. Any clue about this label? 








     Nike Men's Vintage Jacket Blue Tag 

          Cost: $2.00          Sold: $31.00


You find Nike items EVERYWHERE. Nike items are not created equally though. The tag gives away the value of Nike items. The blue tag is one of the original Nike tags so this jacket is from the 80's (probably). Research Nike tags so you'll know what to look for. I happened to find this jacket right by the Big E Levi's vest from the 60's I sold last week. This is the only blue tag Nike item I've found, but I have found the silver/red tag. Vintage Nike items can bring BIG bucks and thrift store employees have no clue. Research here will could equal big bucks. 


How is June going for you? 

     


5 comments:

  1. Very sad indeed.

    June has been GREAT! I can hardly believe it. I put Best Offer on all of my listings, and my business has doubled. I can hardly believe it!

    I have a couple of returns in process. I have not had luck with Pearl Izumi. I have two cycling jackets listed, and they just sit there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very strange on the cycling stuff sitting there. I buy it as often as possible.

      Did you have anything listed with best offer before June? I'm so happy to hear it's working for you! I'd say about half my items have best offer option on them. Maybe I should follow your lead and include it on all for the summer since it's slow. What do you think?

      Delete
    2. I only had really high priced items with BO prior. Over the Memorial Day weekend, I raised my prices a bit (choose a reasonable percentage that you are willing to bargain over - say 20- 25%) and added BO. Sales have been more than twice what they were before. I would encourage you to give it a try! I think buyer appreciate the opportunity to negotiate for a price they believe is a good deal. Give it a try! :)

      Delete
  2. Is that RL tag purple? If it is that is their high end stuff, high $$. Good sales. I buy all the cycling gear I can find and it always sells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was purple label :) I actually have a few purple label shirts. This is navy blue with gold writing. And the shirt actually felt better or higher quality than the purple label shirts I have. I'm stumped. Hate being stumped 😡
      Good to hear about cycling gear. I buy it all too. Sold a jersey for $55 not too long ago. Found it at the GW outlet for $1. Haha!

      Delete