Friday, July 22, 2016

Dog Days of Summer.....







Thrift stores NEVER fail to entertain me! I saw this man in Goodwill today. The front of his sign read: You aren't saved! I thought: No s**t! Even more interesting was the man being in the store with a Muslim woman in a burka. Not something you see everyday but definitely made me smile 😃. 


I will try to add an A-Z Brand post this weekend. I've been busy. Wednesday I got a cortisone shot in my hip. Not a fun experience; hopefully it helps. I can handle my knees hurting at this point but not my knees and hip. That's just too much. 

I've spent the last week digging for stuff around the house to sell. Grew tired of needing money and being stressed out about it. I've already sold a few items that I just had sitting around. So far in July I've sold 50 items, pretty good for the summer. How are you doing? 


Here are a few items I sold this week: 



       Christian Audigier Men's Jeans 32

          Cost: $5.99          Sold: $37.99





     Masters of the Universe 80's Figures

           Cost: $0.00          Sold: $31.99 


My mom still has all our He-Man figures at home. To say my brother and I were obsessed with He-Man would be an understatement! 




        Ralph Lauren Black Label Pants 

          Cost: $10.00          Sold: $24.99


I paid too much for these pants. Won't make that mistake again. 





  Banana Republic Men's Pre-1981 Shirt

          Cost: $3.99          Sold: $30.00


I found this shirt VERY interesting. For Banana Republic items, you should look for the clothing with the old logo that has a banana on it. Safari looking items with that tag are the best. This tag said: Made in the British Crown Colony of Hong Kong. I had never seen a tag that referenced the British Crown Colony. I looked it up and Hong Kong was a British Crown Colony until 1981, so I knew the shirt was pre-1981. Pretty sure knowing the date really helped with this sale. 




       Medical Alert Bracelet with USB 

          Cost: $0.00          Sold: $49.99 





       Sony 1980's Cassette Walkman 

          Cost: $0.00          Sold: $17.99 


I found both those items sitting around the house; along with a Grumpy hoodie from Disney World. 





       Brooks Bros. Men's Suede Jacket 

          Cost: $3.00          Sold: $29.99





       Roberto Cavalli Women's Jeans 

          Cost: $4.99          Sold: $54.99 





       Jamie Sadock Women's Shorts 12

          Cost: $2.00          Sold: $14.99 


Hopefully the rest of the month goes well. I'm trying to list a few things a day and it seems to be helping. 

4 comments:

  1. You're having a great month! How's BO working for you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Thank you for the suggestion. Best offer is probably required to do well during the summer.

      Delete
  2. Wow - you found stuff "just laying around the house" , listed it, and made some money?!? You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've decided I'd rather pay off my medical bills than have stuff laying around. I'm determined to list 4-5 of my own things every day. So far it's been easy but soon it will get a little difficult. I'm attached to some things.

      Delete