Saturday, November 5, 2016

The Prez!







We had the opportunity to see the President on Thursday and it was an amazing experience. No matter your political affiliation, seeing a President in person is a memorable moment. 

Sorry I haven't written lately. I love to write posts, but without the app it's extremely difficult. I'm going to check out creating my own site soon. In the 20 or so days since I last posted, I've sold 54 items. Not too bad. I got Buckeye's heart worm treatment paid for and now I'm working on saving for Christmas gifts. Here are some items I sold the last couple weeks: 





Psycho Bunny is a new brand I crossed off my list. This shirt sold very quickly and for a nice profit. 










Jackets and jeans are starting to sell pretty well. How are your sales going? I miss hearing from all of you! 


3 comments:

  1. Great sales! I don't know what's going on, but sales have been slow for me. I've had more returns in a month than I've had all year. One was particularly frustrating. It is a vintage board game with literally hundreds of cards. The buyer returned it saying that it was not as described, which wasn't true but I know eBay won't side with buyer on that one. He returned it in a completely mess with missing pieces. Called eBay and they basically told me that it will ultimately close in the buyer's favor and I will have to take a loss. So frustrating! Not only am I out the shipping costs ($22), but will have to spend a good hour reorganizing the cards and I won't be able to sell the item for as much with missing pieces. Have you ever had a similar situation? I go through these slumps where I am ready to quit the eBay thing, and that's certainly how I feel right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your recent struggles. My basketball coach always said life is about peaks and valleys; we just need to survive the valleys. I'm curious about a couple things:

    What game did you sell?
    How did you ship it? I've never spent $22 to ship an item so I'm just curious.

    Please don't quit. Sometimes I feel like quitting too but we can't quit. When I feel like quitting I realize I can make as much selling a jacket or pair of jeans as I do working for hours. I also realize I have no other choice. So I keep plugging along. Hopefully you'll keep plugging along with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement! The game was a vintage Stratomatic baseball game. It sold for $80 plus $11 shipping. So, I am out the original shipping and return shipping for a total of $22. Just got notified of another return because the buyer didn't read the listing. It's definitely one of those low times. Sales have been between 3-5 days apart, and very small. I don't understand it. I do put in my listings that buyers are responsible for original and return shipping, but that seems to be a problem for eBay. Do you do have a restocking fee or anything? I feel like I'm losing a lot of money with these crazy returns

      Delete