Sunday, April 19, 2015

Holy Grails

90% of what we purchase at thrift stores, we sell. The other 10% we either donate, give as gifts or keep ourselves. There are a few items we search for to keep ourselves. In December, I went to visit family in Columbus, Ohio. One of my greatest loves in life is Ohio St. I live for Ohio St. Football! On my visit my goal was to find an Ohio St vintage Starter jacket and I did just that! 
This weekend we started to make a Holy Grail list. Items we want to find at thrift stores for ourselves. Here is what we've come up with...what are your Holy Grails? 


Jordan 11 Gamma Blue shoes. We actually found a pair and sold them, but they were too small. 



Portland Trailblazers vintage starter jacket or just about any satin Starter jacket. We've found Florida Gators, Detroit Tigers and Ohio St Buckeyes satin Starter jackets. My heart skips a beat every time we find one! 



Barcelona Dragons hat. Barcelona Dragons were a NFL Europe team in the early 90's. My Dad has always wanted one of their hats. They are VERY difficult to find. 



Rock-A-Doodle DVD. Very difficult DVD to find and also my best friend's favorite movie. 



We LOVE wrestling. We both grew up watching wrestling and still watch it. Not ashamed to admit it :) We search for any vintage wrestling shirt. The ultimate find would be an Ultimate Warrior or Andre the Giant vintage shirt. 



Vintage Fisher Price toys. We search for any Fisher Price toy we grew up playing with. My mom would go to yard sales every Saturday morning and would bring home older toys. The older toys in the early-mid 80's are now antiques. 

We will keep expanding our list. What are your holy Grails? 

1 comment:

  1. What a fun idea!! I'll have to get back to you on my list, I'd honestly never thought about it before

    ReplyDelete