Friday, April 10, 2015

Jeans on Jeans on Jeans

I've never personally spent more than $20 on a pair of jeans. Growing up we didn't have much money. While I was working full time, I had the money but it wasn't a priority. Once you become disabled, money becomes REALLY tight. So, it's very ironic that my favorite area to shop at thrift store is the jeans section. 

There are several reasons I LOVE the jeans section: 

1. You can ALWAYS find a quality pair of jeans at a thrift shop. If you look through an entire jeans section and don't find one good pair of jeans....scratch that shop off your list! 

2. Jeans re-sell well. People donate very lightly worn jeans and you can make HUGE profits on them. I bought a pair of Affliction men's jeans with a broken zipper for $5.00 at a Goodwill outside Orlando and sold them for $91.00! 

3. They are easy to photograph! 

4. Everybody wears jeans, all year. Maybe my home in hot, humid Florida may be the exception. In most parts of the country, jeans are worn all year! 

5. Jeans are the one item where some people would rather buy them in poor condition! Ripped and distressed jeans are beyond popular. Sometimes real rips and wear sell even better. 


Basic tips for re-selling jeans: 

1. Bigger the size, the better! People pay a lot more for bigger jeans. 

2. Men's jeans can be ebay gold! Finding a quality pair of men's jeans put a HUGE smile on my face. 

3. Research, research, research! There are so many designer jeans brands, do your research. I look through Nordstrom's website, Barney's website, Complex magazine, and ebay's completed sales to discover expensive new brands and keep a list in my phone. I put a check mark by each brand I buy, so I keep myself entertained with a treasure list to search for. Does anybody know a resource I can read to discover more valuable jeans brands? 

Here are examples of why I LOVE to resell thrifted jeans: 



     True Religion men's jeans size 44! 
               Purchase Price: $6.99
               Selling Price: $95.00 



    Diesel men's Rumbum jeans. I actually  
    Found these jeans right next to the 
    True Religion jeans. 
               Purchase Price: $6.99
               Selling Price: $49.99 



     J Brand women's jeans found in    
     Baltimore, Maryland. 
               Purchase Price: $6.00 
               Selling Price: $49.99 



     7 For All Mankind Men's jeans
               Purchase Price: $5.99 
               Selling Price: $49.99 



     Citizens of Humanity Women's jeans 
               Purchase Price: $4.00 
               Selling Price: $24.99 



     Naked & Famous Women's jeans 
               Purchase Price: $4.99 
               Selling Price: $25.00 



     Miss Me Women's Ripped jeans 
               Purchase Price: $6.00 
               Selling Price: $34.99 


What great jeans deals have you found? 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I love buying used jeans for myself and resell. I buy the higher end jeans whenever I can find my size in a thrift shop, and when I'm done I flip them. Win Win!

    ReplyDelete