Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sometimes being disabled pays off.....



8 years ago today I had the failed transplant in my knee that would forever change my life. I'm the only person in the world, who has experienced 3 transplants in the same knee. I used to be bitter about becoming disabled but not anymore. There for plenty of perks....

- We get to park closer 
- We get in free to the movies (here in Gainesville) 
- We get a certain level of freedom others do not get to experience

This weekend I experienced a new perk of being disabled. A charity was hosting a used clothing fundraiser over the weekend and disabled people received 5 complete outfits for free with a voucher. I was lucky enough to receive a voucher and got to pick out 5 shirts, 5 pants, 5 jackets and 5 shoes. I'm keeping 3 jackets and 2 shirts, giving my Mom 2 pairs of pants and 1 shirt and the rest will go on eBay. I made a donation to the charity because getting so much for free and intending to sell half of it felt wrong. Here is some of what I received for free and am selling: 



     Lite speed cycling jersey. People LOVE cycling jerseys. 
   
               Purchase price: $0.00 
                     Sold: $29.99 



         Patagonia women's pants

               Purchase Price: $0.00
                    Sold:  $14.99



     Polo Ralph Lauren Active tank top. New with the tags. It still has a Macy's return tag on it, so if it doesn't sell I'll just return it for the money. 

              Purchase Price: $0.00
               Returned: $26.00 



          Clarks Bendables: new! 

               Purchase Price: $0.00
                      Sold: $18.00 



          Cole Haan Belinda Heels 

               Purchase Price: $0.00
               Asking Price: $34.99 



     Crown Vintage ankle suede boots. I'd never heard of this brand before but the boots seemed really high quality, so I figured I'd take a chance. 

               Purchase Price: $0.00
                       Sold: $39.99 



     Sperry Top Sider wedge heels: new

               Purchase price: $0.00
               Asking Price: $39.99 



     Clarks black leather sandals: new 

               Purchase Price: $0.00 
                         Sold: $18.00 


Disabled people definitely face many roadblocks and adversities in life, but this weekend I definitely experienced a positive. Feeling very thankful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment