Sunday, September 18, 2016

Pulse






This week was Courtney's birthday so we went to Orlando for the weekend. A charity event for the survivors of Pulse nightclub featured cast members from The Walking Dead and Arrow. We love both shows and it was supporting a very good cause. Here is Arrow speaking at the panel we were fortunate enough to attend: 



After the charity event, we went to pay tribute to the victims of Pulse and visited the club. I knew it would be emotional; yet I didn't know it would be THAT emotional. It took every ounce of my being to not break down crying. We saw a Muslim family mourning the victims, a Hispanic soldier and all different races, genders, religions and people of different sexual orientations paying tribute to the victims. With all the anger, fear and hatred in the world; it was overwhelming to see all the love. 
I've never visited Ground Zero in NYC, Columbine or Sandy Hook; but I'm sure visiting Pulse had a similar feeling. I could literally feel my heart breaking. Honestly, I don't know what they should do to permanently honor the victims. If the city could build a memorial for the victims and re-open the club, so hatred doesn't stop the LGBT community's pulse; it would be amazing. 



 A soldier placing flowers at Pulse on September 18th. 







We look a mess in these pictures, but we were an emotional wreck. I still can't believe 49 people were killed at Pulse. It's devastating. 



eBay sales really are insignificant compared to visiting Pulse. Since this is a blog about flipping finds on eBay, I'll share my weekly update with you. I sold 27 items last week and 54 for the month. September is shaping up to be a pretty good month. I only have 3 items left to list from all my thrift trips. I'll need to go on another trip soon. Here are some of my sales from the last week: 




         Hudson Men's Jeans Size 38 

          Cost: $8.00          Sold: $29.99 




      Peanuts Snoopy Vintage Fan Pull 

          Cost: $0.00        Sold: $13.99




   Aquascutum Men's Trech Coat 

    Cost: $4.99          Sold: $61.99 




       Robert Graham Men's Polo Shirt 

          Cost: $2.99          Sold: $21.99 




        Max Mara Women's Linen Shirt 

          Cost: $2.15          Sold: $34.99 


My only Max Mara find ever. If you find a Max Mara item, buy it. 





        Flinstones 1993 Graphic T-Shirt 

          Cost: $1.00          Sold: $21.99



I'm a T-Shirt addict. Literally, T-Shirts and candy are my two weaknesses in life. So, I love finding older shirts like this Flinstones shirt. Any T-shirt with great subject matter from before 2000 is generally a quality buy. 




       Lacoste Vintage Men's Cardigan 

          Cost: $1.00          Sold: $27.99 


Lacoste vintage cardigans = easy $$$$ 




        Lacoste Men's V-Neck Sweater 

          Cost: $3.99          Sold: $21.99 




       Rag & Bone Women's Flare Jeans 

          Cost: $5.99          Sold: $38.00 




      Wrangler Men's 2002 Rodeo Finals 
           Country Western Shirt XXL 

          Cost: $4.50          Sold: $21.00 


I am not a country western fan AT ALL. Still, I buy a lot of country western clothing because it always sells well. 




      Patagonia Women's Synchilla Vest 

          Cost: $1.00          Sold: $28.00 




     Joe's Jeans Cropped, Ripped Jeans

          Cost: $3.00          Sold: $28.00 


I actually wanted to keep these jeans but knew they would sell pretty well. Sacrificed for the profit. 😃


What did you sell this week? What type of items have you noticed selling well recently? 



No comments:

Post a Comment