Thursday, September 1, 2016

Hermine






Hurricane Hermine has been slapping us for 5 hours now. Nothing major yet. She is about to go for the knockout punch soon. Luckily, we are about 50 miles inland so it's not nearly as bad. I grew up 10 minutes from the beach in SWFL and survived Hurricane Andrew, Charley, Wilma and even the early stages of Katrina. Hurricanes are just part of living in Florida. Plus; it gave me an excuse to buy a bunch of junk food! 


As far as EBay goes, August was my best month ever! By a mile. By ten miles. I sold 95 items and my previously high was 78. That's a huge increase! Considering I only have 200 items listed at any one time.....selling nearly half my store is HUGE! How did August end for you? 

Historically, September has been one of the best months of the year. I'm excited for the month. I went on a thrifting trip to Tallahassee on Tuesday and bought 25 items to sell. I've got my foot on the gas. The month started well already; I sold five items today. Maybe I can beat the 95 items sold? 


Here are the last few items I sold in August: 



       FSU Men's Nike Drifit Shorts Large

          Cost: $2.00          Sold: $18.00





       Jordan Men's Hoodie Size Small 

          Cost: $4.49          Sold: $22.99 





      UNC Nike Men's Hoodie Size Large 

          Cost: $2.00          Sold: $16.00 





       Priest Holmes Reebok Jersey XL 

          Cost: $3.50          Sold: $19.99



Notice any pattern? People are buying sports fan apparel right now. Anything NFL or college sports related will sell quickly. Search for it in stores and list anything you have. I know I will be! 

4 comments:

  1. That's incredible! September started out very well with four sales yesterday. Nothing since. Over 300 listings all with Best Offer. I still have high hopes for the fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you again for sharing all this information! Thanks to your blog, I have found so many items I would have previously looked over. Today, I sold a St John evening Jacket for $300 that I listed on Friday! I paid $7 at a thrift store. I knew of this brand because of your blog. I'm very thankful to have an extra way to help make money for my family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment made my day. Thank you so much for sharing! That's the whole reason I write the blog. Feel like we are all a big thrifting family and I'm proud to help out.
      Would you mind sending me a picture of the jacket? Would it be alright for me to share it with everybody? I've never had such a great flip and would love to share your success! The address is:
      BeU352@gmail.com.
      I'm so happy for your sale.

      Delete