Thursday, April 21, 2016

A-Z Brands Part II






A-Z Brands: B 

Baracuta 


Baracuta is an English men's clothing company. The Baracuta clothing factory opened in 1937 in Manchester, England. Baracuta is famous for their bomber jackets. In 1947, Baracuta began exporting their jackets to the United States. Baracuta's popularity rose after Elvis wore a G9 Baracuta jacket in "King Creole" and Steve McQueen wore one in "The Thomas Crown Affair." 


Bomber jackets are a HUGE trend in 2016 and Baracuta makes the most famous Bomber jackets of all. Currently, 130 Baracuta jackets are listed on eBay and 205 sold recently (new and pre-owned). The jackets sell between $50-$379. Here are a few that have sold recently: 




















Baracuta manufactures other items; the jackets are just the most popular and valuable. I have found 3 Baracuta items to this point. A silk shirt I sold for $25. Also these two items: 





I bought this vintage 80's Bomber jacket for $4.00. It sold 3 times with the first two buyers returning it because of sizing issues. The jacket was VERY small; otherwise it would have sold for more than $75.00. I believe $75.00 for a $4.00 jacket is more than good enough though. 



I bought this Baracuta Soft jacket in Ft. Myers a couple weeks ago. Think it was $1....maybe $2. It will sell for $25.00-$30.00. 


My advice: Most thrift store employees have no clue Baracuta is a valuable brand and don't mark up the prices. I've purchased every Baracuta item I've ever found. I'd suggest you do the same. 


Grades: 

Selling Price: A
Availability: C 
Consistency: A
Competition: A 
Overall: A 


Next A-Z Brand: C 

Canali 
Cavalli 

No comments:

Post a Comment