Thursday, April 7, 2016

Let Me Explain Something......



The beginning of this post is for anyone threatening my Social Security Disability by finding my blog and trying to use it against me. If that isn't you, just scroll on by this part. 




The last 2 months $2921.12 has been placed in my Paypal account to pay for goods I own and are selling. From that $2921.12 I paid: 

- $1235.99 in cost of goods, shipping and ebay fees

- $74 in supplies

- $440 in recurring fees. Gas, phone, Internet for the business. 


My overall profit for the two months is: $1171.13. 

$585.57 per month. 

I make $300 per month at my part time job.

My total per month is: $885.57. 

Social Security allows me to make: $1090.00 per month. 

So, now that I've shared numbers I HATE to share we can all see: 

1. I don't make a killing every month and aren't ripping off mysterious tax payers by receiving disability. Even though I paid into Social Security for years and are just taking the money I put in. 

2. I'm not breaking any rules. 

3. Unless you are helping me pay my bills, it's not your business. 


NOW BACK TO OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAM: 

April has been decent so far. I've sold 16 items and feel pretty good about it. From my Naples trip, I've listed 66 items. I hired a friend in need to iron the rest of the items; just waiting for her to finish and it will all be listed. I'm a machine at this point. 

My current focus is saving money for my birthday. Cedar Point is the destination I picked. Might go to the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame too. Ohio is my home state and I'm always excited to go back. 

If you could save your ebay money to visit anywhere...where would you go? I need to plan Courtney's birthday. She was so happy with my New Orleans surprise last year, she is trusting me with her birthday plans again 😃😃😃! 


Here are a few of my recent buys: 



     Brooks Brothers Men's Wool Shirt 

          Cost: $1.00          Sold: $27.99





     Levi's Men's Small Vintage Jacket 

          Cost: $2.00          Sold: $22.99 


This jacket sold in a couple hours. Maybe I should've priced it higher, but it was not in good condition. I guess people like that used look. 





        Baracuta Men's Bomber Jacket

          Cost: $4.00           Sold: $74.99 

This is the third time I've sold this jacket. The other times, the buyer didn't read the measurements. I checked with the buyer this time to confirm the measurements work. Bonus is: I sold it for $60 and this time for $75. 


*** Side note: bomber jackets are a hot trend right now. I'm starting to buy them regardless of brand if the price is right. You should be looking for them. Baracuta is a brand to always look for also. *** 



        Balmain Men's Jacket Size 42R 

          Cost: $6.00          Sold: $22.00 


The jacket is my first Balmain sale. I thought it would sell better. Now, I've been finding Balmain frequently so it will drop on my priority list. 



Thanks for allowing me to set the record straight. How is your April going? 

8 comments:

  1. Love love love Cedar Point. Went once when I was in my early 20s. My dream vacay is Wisconsin dells though :)
    Who's been bugging you about your disability? Ugh. Internet trolls suck really.
    Not sure if your ears were ringing last night. I was praising your blog last night after a listing for nydj jean shorts sold 2 hours after I posted. Another brand I never thought about until you wrote on it! Thank you!
    To share, Anthropologie makes Pilcro and the Letterpress jeans. Always a definite sell for me (-and I wear them as well and troll eBay for replacements all the time).
    Cheers friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wisconsin Dells sounds like so much fun! I always see the waterpark on the travel channel.
      Cedar Point may be my favorite place on earth. I haven't been in 10 years and am excited to go back. Usually I don't go anywhere for my birthday because it's May 23rd and ends up being Memorial Day weekend but this year it's not. So I'm excited!
      Very cool on the jeans sale. So happy to help. Comments like that keep me writing. I'll be on the lookout for the brands you shared too.

      No internet trolls. Far worse. Real life trolls. 😡😡😡😡

      Delete
  2. I can't believe someone would spy on you and assume you are violating your SSDI perimeters. I appreciate that you are motivated and resourceful enough to supplement your income. Keep calm and carry on!

    This month started out well, but today is the third day with no cha-chings. Sad face. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I curse the effing trolls in your life! Ptui!! (spitting on the ground for dramatic effect)! Lives so empty they have to focus on yours - gheeze.

    Why don't they focus on the fact that you are giving back to society - giving us an education so we can make $ and in return, spend $ and keep the economy moving?! You aren't taking away from anything or anyone - you are giving back. There is nothing like learning from someone who is doing it on the front lines. Such short sighted envious jerks don't deserve to breathe the same air in the room with you.

    I ranted - but you ROCK chica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trolls are just that...trolls. Just scrape them off your shoe and carry on. My SweetiePie is on disability and if it wasn't for my supplemental $$ earned from ebay we couldn't buy groceries, gas, emergency expenses like a big repair bill, or get to doctors visits. People should mind their own business. Just keep doing what you are doing and to heck with trolls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot believe someone is actually harassing you about this??? I think there is a tendency for non-Ebayer's to think of it as just a lazy hustle. Anyone who is actually made a business selling on Ebay knows that it is NOT an easy gig. I work WAY harder and put up with WAY more than I ever have at ANY job. I do it because I love it. Profits not wages!
    Ignore this troll. You put it way more work than I do and I'm betting probably more than the troll as well ;) Also not to mention your astounding consistency and great content on this blog =)
    Thank you!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this saying............

    "Spend your time with people who love you unconditionally, not with people who want you to fulfill all their conditions."

    I have a spouse with serious health conditions, and work a full time job, in addition to selling on Ebay to help keep our family afloat.

    You are not alone. It seems there are many who are quick to judge, some out of sheer ignorance. Others, maybe because they have been fortunate enough to never have dealt with serious medical issues, and all that comes with it.

    In the words of Marshawn Lynch, "Just stay in your lane".... don't let anyone alter your momentum or focus. Keep doing what you do, their actions reveal much about their character (or lack thereof)

    I'm not a huge sports fan, but I love how Marshawn Lynch just does what he does and doesn't budge.

    On a lighter note, I finally found some NYDJ so we'll see how they do :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everybody for your kind words, support and for sharing your stories. You definitely made me feel better.

    Honestly, I don't what people say or think about me. Coaching guys basketball helps you develop REALLY thick skin. Opposing coaches and parents aren't the nicest. The problem is: I will not tolerate being threatened. For anyone to take the time to find my blog (I do not publish it on my Facebook page or anything like that) and threaten to turn me in to Social Security is just crazy.

    I had to break down the numbers; not so much as to prove them wrong but just in case Social Security does come calling. As some of you know, Social Security will just cut you off with no warning, the staff all give different answers and everything takes FOREVER. For those of us living on a fixed income it's the scariest possibility ever. And someone wants to ruin my livelihood for what? I haven't broken any rules or harmed anyone.

    It amazes how the people who are handed everything in life always want to take from others. If your mommy and daddy say no: pick yourself up and get a job. Don't try to ruin other people's lives to make yourself feel better.

    Thank you for listening everybody.

    ReplyDelete