Friday, May 29, 2015

May is Strange

May has been a very strange month. We go days without selling anything and then sell 5-6 items in one day. It's very strange. We didn't sell much this week again. It's getting very frustrating. We're working hard and smart, but the buyers are nowhere to be found. I have a good feeling about this weekend though. My $6500 dentist bill hopes I'm right! 
How was your week? 

Here are some of our sales and finds for the week: 



     True Religion pink Swarovski jeans

               Purchase price: $3.99
                      Sold: $26.00



     NYDJ cropped jeans size 18W

               Purchase Price: $2.50
                     Sold: $21.00

We could've gotten more for these jeans but we decided to not charge more just because they are big. It sucks that bigger size people have to pay more so we settled for less. Made a stand ✊✊



     Ermenegildo Zegna suit jacket/blazer

               Purchase Price: $4.50 
               Asking Price: $99.99 or more? 


     Gieves & Hawkes suit jackets/Blazers

               Purchase Price: $6.00 
               Asking Price: $150.00 



      North Face men's A5 plaid shirt

               Purchase Price: $2.15 
               Asking Price: $24.99 



 
         Christian Dior suit jacket/blazer 

               Purchase Price: $3.00
               Asking Price: $29.99 




        Jamie Sadock women's shirt 

               Purchase Price: Free
                    (Loyalty card)
               Asking Price: $34.99 




     St. John Sport by Marie Gray sweater

               Purchase Price: $4.49 
                      Asking Price: $49.99

Is there a way to iron clothes that are dry clean only? The wrinkles are horrible but I don't want to pay for a clean sweater to be dry cleaned. 



        Pendleton wool women's blazer 

               Purchase Price: $3.00
               Asking Price: $24.99 



     Orvis quilted puffer women's jacket

               Purchase Price: $3.00
               Asking Price: $29.99 



       Hickey-Freeman men's sweater 

               Purchase price: $2.15 
               Asking price: $24.99 




         Lot of Men's Hawaiian shirts

              Purchase Price: $15.24
                   Sold: $49.99 


 
            Salvatore Ferragamo heels 
     
               Purchase Price: $4.99 
                    Sold: $19.99 

We aren't going to make much money on the heels but we got to cross a brand off our BOLO list so it was worth it 👊




     Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone
         First American Edition 1998 

               Purchase Price: Free 
                    Sold: $49.99 

We found this on the free book shelf in the clubhouse in our neighborhood. We are ALWAYS on the lookout for items to sell. Can't believe a first edition Harry Potter book was just sitting on the book shelf for anyone to take. 




         Brioni suit jacket or blazer 

               Purchase Price: Free 
                   (Loyalty Card) 
               Asking Price: $200 or more? 





     We are tired after all that thrift shopping and listing. The 100 degree heat is upon us in Florida.  It's exhausting!  Have a great weekend! 

4 comments:

  1. How well do blazers sell? I pass many up at the Outlet. (I would need to learn brands too.) I also found Jamie Sadock sells very well. Have you tried steaming items to get the wrinkles out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send me your email address and I will send you my list of brands. Our email address is BeU352@gmail.com. Help us with our challenge!
    I'm not sure how well blazers sell. This is our first attempt at selling them. My only worry is they may sell better in the fall/winter, but the deals were too good to pass up.

    Can we steam dry clean only clothing? I'm clueless :)

    I've been trying to comment on your posts but wordpress always wants a password and I don't have one. Ill keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo no. I wonder why you need a password. I'll look into my settings on comments.

      Our email is AdamAndTiana@gmail.com You're list is so exciting to me! Thanks again for sharing.

      I would think blazers my sell year round. Work, special occasions, interviews etc.

      I would also Google "can i steam cashmere" or which ever material you are having wrinkle problems with. Google knows all.

      Delete
  3. I iron dry clean only stuff all the time. I just use the setting on my iron for what fabric the item is made out of. If that doesn't work then I sometime will set my iron a setting higher.

    ReplyDelete