Saturday, December 5, 2015

A-Z Vintage: D


Ebay is starting to pick up. I only have 3 things left to list then I'm done. A Louis Vuitton make up bag, Nat Nast shirt and pair of Doc Martens will finish my listing. Yes! 


A-Z Vintage: D 

Disney 






There are so many directions I could take this one; seriously could do an A-Z series on Disney items alone. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disney. In fact I named my dog Disney. That should explain my love for Disney. The only problem with me buying vintage Disney items is I tend to keep them instead of selling them. 

Disney is one of the most popular, if not the most popular brand to sell on eBay. You will face competition. Currently there are 39,453 vintage Disney items listed and 16,853 sold recently. Although competition can be fierce, the large number of Disney collectors makes up for it. 

Disney generally does not print the date on their pieces; making it difficult to decipher the age. The only help I can provide is: if the pieces reads "Walt Disney Productions" it was produced in 1986 or earlier. Otherwise; you'll just have to research the age of each piece. 

Here are some recent high sellers: 





































Growing up in Florida, we had annual passes for years. I've always loved Disney and my house is filled with vintage Disney items. I have snow globes, banks, figures, die cast rides, lithographs, clothing, hats and just about anything you can think of. 

As far as ebay goes, I find a lot of Disney items in Florida. I've sold 15-20 vintage Disney pieces this year. I've sold thermos, plush toys, clothing, die cast toys and a watch. These aren't my pictures or sales but check out the die cast attractions I sold: 

















I decorated my office with these die cast toys before I became disabled. After becoming disabled they just sat in the garage. I sold 8-10 attractions in my huge collection. My sales were actually higher than the pictures. If you find any of these toys in your thrift store, buy them. New or out of the package, they will sell. 


Here are some vintage Disney items I have in my store now: 


















I have plenty more I could list, but convincing myself to let go of Disney items is difficult! 

My recommendation: if the price is right buy any vintage Disney item you find. Someone will buy it! 


Next A-Z Vintage: F 

Fisher Price 

No comments:

Post a Comment