Friday, December 11, 2015

Ranking Top 20 Jeans Brands



I LOVE selling pairs of jeans. Jeans are by far my favorite item to sell on eBay. I started selling jeans last December. In the last year I've sold at least 180 pairs of jeans from 53 brands. 

I've created a formula to rank the best brands of jeans I've sold. I ranked each brand using each of the following categories: 

1. Selling Price: average price of jeans sold 

2. Competition: how many pre-owned pairs are listed on eBay 

3. Availability: how many pairs I've sold 

4. Consistency: how consistent are the sales prices 


Each brand was ranked between 1-20 in each of those categories. The number next to the brand is the total when I added up the rankings. I added the numbers up and here are my rankings: 


20 Best Brands of Jeans: 


20. Paige Denim Jeans: 62 




Paige jeans are great to flip for a profit if you can purchase for cheap for find bigger sizes. 




19. Vigoss Jeans: 60 



Vigoss jeans can generally be purchased really cheap. Thrift store employees don't know they are a high end brand. The jeans are designed for a younger crowd. You won't sell Vigoss jeans for a huge amount ($25 at most), but if purchased cheap; you can make a nice profit. 



18. Big Star: 55 




Everything I just wrote about Vigoss applies to Big Star. 



17. Adriano Goldschmied: 53 



Adriano Goldschmied scored VERY high in availability: I find AG jeans a lot. Yet; consistency was a major issue. AG jeans can sell for $50 or $8. You never know? Just don't buy size 24-27 AG jeans unless they are VERY cheap. 



16. Lucky Brand: 51 






Lucky Brand scored very well with selling price (men's jeans sell for GREAT prices) and availability. You can find Lucky Brand jeans EVERYWHERE. Problem is: Lucky Brand scored dead last in competition. There are over 20,000 pairs listed right now. Lucky Brand men's jeans are always worth flipping. Women's jeans depend on the normal factors. 



15. Armani Jeans: 48 


I don't find Armani jeans very often, but I buy them when I do. Men's jeans can sell for a decent profit. 


14. Joe's Jeans: 48 

Joe's Jeans scored really high on availability and reasonably well on consistency. I don't know about you, but I find Joe's Jeans ALL THE TIME. Unfortunately, so does everybody else. Only Lucky Brand had more currently listed on eBay. So, if you're buying them for resale try to find bigger sizes or I've done really well with the Honey fit. 


13.  Citizens of Humanity: 47 




Joe's Jeans and Citizens of Humanity belong together. Everything I said about Joe's Jeans applies to Citizens of Humanity. Although, Joe's Jeans sell consistently for a higher price. COH jeans can vary greatly. Do you research! 


12. 7 For All Mankind: 46 





It's interesting 7FAM and COH were ranked next to each as the founders of COH once started 7FAM; before an epic fight and lawsuits. 7FAM is the brand I buy and sell the most. The #1 ranking in availability propped up 7FAM, as it ranked pretty low in everything else. I've sold 7FAM jeans for $75 and I've sold them for $7, so do your research before buying. 


11. Not Your Daughter's Jeans NYDJ: 45 




NYDJ is the brand I've bought and sold the most in the last couple months. They are easy to find cheap and sell for a nice profit. I find plus sized NYDJ often and those sell REALLY well. NYDJ won't make you rich but will help you pay some bills. 



10. Vintage Tommy Hilfiger: 41 




I'm surprised vintage Tommy Hilfiger jeans ranked this high on the list. I only buy the vintage pairs with the above logo on the back. Vintage TH ranked 5th in both consistency and competition. There are only 800 pairs currently listed and they will consistently make you money. You won't find them often; but usually get them cheap when you do. They won't sell quickly, buy them anyway. 



9. J Brand: 38 



#12 is the start of brands I get VERY excited to find. J. Brand ranked #3 in selling price and consistency. Basically, J. Brand jeans sell consistently high! The brand would be ranked higher; except I've only sold 3 pairs. Otherwise; J. Brand might be top 5. 



8. MEK Jeans: 36 




MEK ranked in the top 8 in everything except availability. Basically, everything that applies to J Brand jeans applies here. You won't find them often....get excited when you do! 



7. Miss Me Jeans: 33 



Miss ranked first in consistency and second in price. Only thing keeping Miss Me jeans from a top 5 brand was the competition. There are over 8000 pre-owned pairs of Miss Me jeans for sale on eBay. Due to the competition, they might not sell quickly; yet they will sell consistently for a high price. 



6. Naked & Famous Jeans: 32 




Naked & Famous is the brand you get VERY excited about finding. VERY! It ranked first in competition with only 209 pairs currently listed. Naked & Famous also ranked 5th in selling price and 6th in consistency. So why is it ranked 6th? I've only found two pairs EVER. Naked & Famous jeans are difficult to find. Your heart should skip a beat if you do find them. 



5. Marithe Francois Girbaud: 31





MFG jeans were big in the 90's and aren't made today. There isn't much competition selling them on eBay. They consistently sell for $20-$30. Rarely for less and rarely for more. Unlike J Brand and Naked & Famous jeans, MFG can be found in thrift stores. Buy them and make some cash pretty quickly. 



4. Hudson Jeans: 30 




Hudson ranked in the top 10 in every category. I buy Hudson jeans whenever I find them. Monday I bought a Bootcut pair for $4.50. Tuesday I listed them for $39.99 and they sold within 2 hours. You can't go wrong with Hudson jeans. Buy them! 



3. Silver Brand Jeans: 28 




I'm actually surprised Silver is ranked this high. Why? I find Silver jeans pretty regularly. Maybe they are bigger in Florida than other places? I'm not sure. Silver jeans will consistently make a great profit and can be found often. Just be sure to check the condition of the jeans before buying. 



2. Diesel Denim Jeans: 25 




I LOVE finding and selling Diesel jeans. Their style looks so good to me. Best part of Diesel jeans: I actually find men's pairs of Diesel jeans. Men's jeans always sell for higher profits. Be sure to research the cut of a pair of Diesel jeans before putting down big money on a pair. I've sold Diesel jeans for $18 and I've sold them for $75; all depends on the cut and size. 


1. True Religion: 23 




True Religion winning is a minor upset. I thought Diesel would win. Yet; looking back on my sales, I see why True Religion ranked #1. In February I sold a men's pair for $100. True Religion ranked first in sales price with an average selling price of $49.00. True Religion also ranked 5th in competition and consistency. The only knock was I've only bought and sold 5 pairs; none since March. True Religion jeans are so expensive to buy retail that people don't donate them to thrift stores (unless you're in Naples). Before buying a pair of True Religion jeans be sure they are authentic. If authentic....they are #1 on this list for a reason. BUY THEM! 



So....what brands would rank high on your list? 

No comments:

Post a Comment