Monday, December 21, 2015

New Approach



December was an extreme disappointment for me. Last December I sold 64 items; this year I've only sold 34 so far. I have two choices: 

1. I can blame it on everything but me. "The economy improved so people don't need to buy from me" 
"There is more competition this year," 

Blah! Blah! Blah! Or I can 

2. Take a new approach next year. Think I'll start stockpiling inventory in the Spring/Summer and list it in September. I'll focus on non-clothing items and holiday items. 

Think I'll go with #2! In general, I want to step my game up in 2016. I've sold consistently for almost 2 years; inconsistently for almost a decade. So, it's time to buy and sell on a larger scale. I'm still working on my exact goals for 2016 but I'll share when they are complete. 

Here are a few items I've sold recently: 




                         Cost: $4.00





                         Cost: $1.94 





                          Cost: 50 cents 





                         Cost: $6.00





                         Cost: $4.00





                          Cost: $4.29 



How have your sales been? What would you change next year? 

2 comments:

  1. I just started selling this fall, so I have nothing to compare this month to. However, it was my best month so far. Selling a $200 Coogi sweater was a big boost to my bottom line. I agree with you that stockpiling and selling holiday items will be an emphasis for next year. I think that's all I'm willing to do differently at this point. The storage of holiday items will be more challenging for me than storing clothing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's been very disappointing for me also. I really believe it's because online retailers have been offering crazy cheap deals. If someone can buy a new pair of designer jeans for $50, why would they buy a used pair on eBay for $40. I'm thinking/hoping sales may actually improve after Christmas is over and all the hot online deals have ended. I have made enough to do all my Christmas shopping this year so I can't complain too much!

    ReplyDelete