Friday, January 22, 2016

COLD ❄️❄️❄️


I hope you are staying warm! My cousin lives 45 minutes outside Washington DC and they are getting 3 feet of snow tonight. Just crazy! If we had one snowflake Gainesville would lose its mind. Gainesville weather isn't stereotypical Florida weather. We are inland and don't feel any of the warmth from the Gulf or Atlantic Ocean. It will be 30 degrees in Gainesville tonight with 15 mph winds. Tomorrow the high is 43 degrees. I know most of you have colder temperatures.....how cold is it where you live? 

Ebay has actually been pretty hot for me. I've sold 58 items this month so far. Considering I only have 200 listed, I feel pretty good about it. Here are a few recent sales: 




          Tori Richard Hawaiian Shirt 

                         Cost: $3.49 
                        Sold: $39.99 





     Ralph Lauren 2012 Olympics Shirt
I was very happy to find this shirt. Any Ralph Lauren Olympic item is a great sale. This shirt was even new with tags! 

                         Cost: $4.29 
                        Sold: $42.00 





     Tracy McGrady Adidas Highschool 
Jersey. 3XL. The jersey appeared brand new. I thought it would sell for more...

                         Cost: $4.29 
                        Sold: $23.99




       Sears Vintage 2XL Nightgown 

                         Cost: $0.00
                        Sold: $17.99 





      Popeye Vintage Sweatshirt NWT 
I found both the nightgown and sweatshirt in the closet of my elderly friend. We share the profits. 

                       Cost: $0.00
                      Sold: $22.00 




     Brooks Brothers Camel hair Jacket 
I accepted a very low offer on this jacket, after several counter offers. I figured it the person wanted the jacket that bad, why not? I still made a great profit. 

                         Cost: $6.00 
                        Sold: $57.50 




       Disney Hawaiian Shirt: NWOT 

                         Cost: $4.49 
                        Sold: $49.99 





   Joe's Jeans Snake Print Skinny Jeans 

                         Cost: $0.00 
                        Sold: $17.99 




     Notre Dame Champion Windbreaker 
I had to include this jacket. It was one of my worst sales of all time. By the time I paid for shipping and the ebay fees, I should've just donated the jacket. 

                         Cost: $3.00 
                         Sold: $6.75 


Stay Warm everybody!!!! 


6 comments:

  1. Not too bad here in Southern CA, but I wish it would rain again.

    I wish I had seen your post earlier today. I passed up a silk Tori Richard shirt at the GW because the solids on ebay were all over the place. I know you've done lists of labels to look for both men's and women's, but I am looking for something to help me refine my knowledge about men's clothing - specifically shirts. Do you have a short list of labels you look for when shopping for men's shirts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have given it to me before but what's your email address? I'll email you the list I look for and add some of the top of my head. Men's clothing is my favorite section to buy and sell so I should be able to help you out :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! It's mrslabrador@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been raining, sleeting, and snowing just a little bit. It's about 31 but feels like 21 degrees in Tidewater, VA. So we have of of the yuck but not of the fun (lots of snow!) that goes with this sweep of Mr. Winter.

    I put myself on a thrift diet but I slipped up the other day. I got some new Oneida silverplate flatware for an insane price, vintage Levi's button fly jeans, E. Zegna tie and some other goodies. If I get off my a$$ and list, it might turn out to be an 88% profit margin.

    You have a SUPER sell through ratio!! That shows that you really know how to pick!! Keep up the great work and keep writing - I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant to say: So we have all of the yuck but none of the fun

      Delete
    2. That doesn't sound fun! Hate the ice. We are almost as cold. 27 degrees right now and people are reporting snow again! We might lose our minds down here.

      Those sound like some GREAT finds! I have the opposite problem....I can list faster than I can shop. I buy stuff and it's listed within a day or two. I figure it can't sell just sitting in my closet.

      I've been focused on flipping for a year and a half, I can only think of a few things (maybe 2 or 3) that didn't sell. Sometimes I get home and missed a flaw so I don't list something but then I just donate it to my community resource center. Really I win either way. I think my longest listed item currently was listed last March. I HATE that. Means I made a bad choice; but most sell within a couple months.

      Thanks for reading!!!

      Delete