Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!!!



Happy New Year everybody!!!!! How was your new year? We spent it at home watching football and playing board games. I was in my pajamas by 6:00 pm. Something exciting did happen: 



Buckeye hit 1 million views just minutes before the clock hit midnight. I can't believe people have watched my dog sing over 1 million times....amazing! 


So, we sold 534 items in 2015. We almost doubled the 287 items from 2014. December started slow but we ended up selling 62 items. Last year we sold 64 items in December, so nearly identical. I have 30 items to ship when I get home on Sunday; should be fun! 

Another goal for 2016 will be selling 700 items. January and February were my worst months last year; if I can improve those two months then 700 is realistic. 


Here are a few of the items I sold near the end of December: 




                         Cost: $2.86 





                         Cost: $5.00 





                         Cost: $4.00 





                        Cost: $6.00 





                         Cost: $13.00 





                         Cost: $2.29 





                         Cost: $2.00 





                         Cost: $0.00 


My profit per item could've been higher, but I accepted several best offers and switched to free shipping on most items. The changes led to a significant increase in my number of sales. I think I'll continue to take best offers on items that have been sitting a while and offer free shipping. 

My biggest change for 2016 is to be less conservative when buying items to flip. I need to buy, buy, buy in order to sell. Take educated chances. Spend money to make money! What changes are you making? 

No comments:

Post a Comment