Monday, August 29, 2016

A-Z Brands: M






A-Z Brands: M 

Mother Denim 


Mother was founded in 2010 by designers Tim Kaeding and Lela Becker. Mother is famous for its super soft fabrics, irreverent attitude and made in Los Angeles branding. Mother, which stands for unconditional love, pushes technological boundaries with their soft fabrics. Kaeding and Becker say, "Mother is about having fun and not taking yourself too seriously." 


Mother has a limited representation on eBay. Currently, only 490 pre-owned pairs are listed and 780 sold recently. You ALWAYS want to buy brands where the number sold is greater than the number listed. Here are a few pairs of Mother jeans that sold recently: 

















Personally, I have only found two pairs of Mother jeans. Both at the same store, at the same time; donated by the same person. Those living on the West Coast, where Mother jeans are produced; may have a better chance of finding pairs. If I find another pair of Mother jeans, I will buy them. No questions asked. Here is one of the pairs I bought and sold: 




I bought the pairs for $6 each. The other pair sold for $45 and this pair sold for $73. That's a nice profit margin! 


Grades for Mother Denim: 

Selling Price: A 
Availability: D 
Competition: A 
Consistency: A-

Overall: A-


Next A-Z Brand: P 

Polo Sport 

1 comment:

  1. I'll keep that in the back of my mind. I hardly ever look at the jeans because they are $9.99 at my GWs. When they have a $2 sale, I can venture over to the jeans department. :D

    ReplyDelete