Thursday, August 4, 2016

A-Z Brands: L






A-Z Brands: L 

Vintage Levi's 


I know you're probably thinking: duh. Usually I have less popular brands on my list but I'm remixing it this time. Levi's is an iconic American brand. It may be the most important brand as far as thrifting goes. 

Here are a few recent sales on eBay: 


















No find gets me more excited than a vintage Levi's find. I have to say though: I don't buy recent Levi's pieces. Maybe you can find some valuable recent items but I stick to the vintage stuff. So how can I tell its vintage: 


- Big E 




The most valuable Levi's pieces have a BIG E on the Levi's tag. Now, please don't go walking around searching every Levi's item for a Big E. They are VERY rare and you are wasting your time. If an item has a Big E you will know it without looking. The older Levi's items with a big E have a certain look. 



- Orange Tab 


I'm not sure on the exact dates but the orange tabs are from the 80's or earlier. These are a lot more popular and easier to find than Big E items. 


- Made in the U.S.A. 

Levi's clothing used to be made in San Francisco. If you find a piece made in the U.S.A. it will be vintage. 



I've sold a lot of vintage Levi's pieces. They sell VERY quickly and draw a lot of attention. Here are a few I've sold recently: 





My one Big E find. I found this in Fort Myers in April for $3.00. What a deal?! It was from the 1960's and looked like it had only been worn a few times. Amazing. 









Oddly enough I found the same jacket from the 1960's at two different Gainesville thrift stores, months apart. One I sold for $88 and the other I have listed now. 


















Vintage Levi's Grades: 

Price: A 
Consistency: A-
Competition: C-
Availability: A-

Overall: B+


Next A-Z Brands: L 

Lacoste 



1 comment: