Sunday, August 21, 2016

Disney






Today marks two years since I lost my best friend. The pain is still so real. I miss her every day and probably always will. 

It's been a tough week. The robbery and all that came with it got me flustered. I'm normally well composed but it messed me up. I missed a dentist appointment. I mailed the wrong item to a buyer. I spent a whole day dealing with the detective. Luckily, they arrested the person who did it. When it's someone you know, the betrayal cuts pretty deep. I'm happy he has been charged with four felonies. I got back the rare coins that he stole; yet had to buy my own stuff back from the pawn shop. That was beyond frustrating! Anyway, I'm happy he got caught. People gave us new TVs and a PlayStation, so all I lost out of it was 10 PlayStation games and about $500 in change. 


As far as eBay goes, I sold 20 items this week. Unfortunately, I've gone on one of those return runs; where people return items in a cluster. Strange how it works like that. Still eBay hasn't been too bad. Here are a few items I've sold: 





       Calvin Klein Vintage Jacket Large

          Cost: $3.00          Sold: $49.99





       2Pac Shakur Vintage 90's Shirt XL 

          Cost: $0.00          Sold: $50.00





     Chicago Bulls 90's Jordan Era Shirt

          Cost: $1.00          Sold: $15.99 





         Paradise Found Hawaiian Shirt 

          Cost: $2.00          Sold: $16.99 





       Jamie Sadock Womens Jacket 

          Cost: $2.00          Sold: $15.00 





       Big Star Maddie Bootcut Jeans 

          Cost: $3.00          Sold: $24.99 





       Hugo Boss Vintage Men's Sweater 

          Cost: $4.00          Sold: $13.50 





       Boostaroo 90's Portable Amplifier

          Cost: $0.00          Sold: $25.00 





       Dallas Cowboys 70's New Era Hat 

          Cost: $0.00          Sold: $25.00 


I thought this hat would sell for more. New Era is a great brand and how many times do you find a new hat from the 1970's? Dallas Cowboys stuff usually sells for more. 





     Marithe Francois Girbaud 90's Shirt

          Cost: $4.99          Sold: $21.99





       Silver Tuesday Women's Jeans 33 

          Cost: $3.00          Sold: $24.99 





       Armani Women's Blazer Size 10 

          Cost: $6.00          Sold: $19.00


I'm happy to be rid of this jacket. I thought it would sell better and had been listed for a while. Even experienced sellers sometimes buy the wrong items. 


How is August going for you? 

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you've been out of sorts, but it's completely understandable.

    Twenty items in one week?! Wow. I am happy for you. I think men must shop more in the summer than women do. I've had 21 sales all month long.

    I hope next week is better for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about all that your going through. I hope this is a much better week for you as well =)
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that you recovered some of your things. I think the worst thing is the feeling that your personal space has been violated. And that gets better with time. I know how you feel about Disney. I lost my buddy Nikki 3 years ago and I still miss her sweet little face, and cold nose. Keep selling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww you're right! They are not here long enough.
      The hardest part for me was that I knew the person. That's the ultimate betrayal. Luckily, they are sitting in jail as I type this. No I won't get a lot of my stuff back but I will make sure he spends as much time in jail as possible.

      Delete
  4. Awwww - Disney looks soooo sweet! Yes - the pain of missing our beloved pets is very real. We love them SO much that the pain never really goes away - I'm tearing up just writing this as I remember Bear, Sweden, and PinShih. Bear and Sweden (Samoyeds) have been gone since the late 90s and PinShih (Chow Chow) has been gone since 2006. I never wanted to get another dog after PinShih (smartest, most loving Chow Chow). But five years later, I saw a rescue Chow Keeshond mix and fell in love instantly. Lishu is so sweet. She went blind one year after we adopted her. But she gets along just fine. My beau and I were the ones who were devastated for her. Dogs are amazing. It's as if she doesn't know she's blind. She uses her "mane" as a type of sonar to get around the house and we are always in awe as we watch her walk around the backyard. It's bittersweet to love and to have lost - but I'm glad you had the time you did with Disney. You both added so much to each others' lives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an amazing story! She uses her mane? How do you mean? That would be awesome to watch.
      I know what you mean about the pain never going away. Disney was my best friend. I know people say that about their dogs but it's different for disabled people or elderly people. We are alone so much of the time that the dog really does become our best friend.
      Disney was my miracle dog. I had a serious defect in the cartilage in my knees. It was crumbling from under me and much faster than the doctors could keep up with. I had 3 transplants, which I'm the only person in the world who could say that. Well, after my last transplant she got Cancer in the cartilage in her tail. As soon as she got Cancer, my knees stabilized. My doctors, therapists and her vet all agreed that she was taking away my pain and my health condition. I have an autoimmune problem so she got one. I have trouble with my eyes, so she started having trouble with her eyes. I've never seen anything like it.
      She had surgery to remove her tail and a 7 pound tumor in 2012. It was expensive but was the least I could do for her. She survived 2 more years before the Cancer came back. Basically the her getting Cancer helped save my life or at least any quality of life. Without her help Id never be able to walk, work or live on my own. That made her death so much harder. I would've given up all those things to still have her here.

      Delete
    2. W.O.W. Whaaaaat?! That is incredible! She really was your miracle angel wasn't she! Dogs are just utterly amazing. I wish I could have met Disney! Your experience would make a great story for mainstream news.

      When PinShih (our first Chow Chow) first passed away, Danny (my beau) and I would both hear her tags jingling. It happened to us separately several times and we got to talking about missing her and I told him it happened to me and he admitted it happened to him too. It was in our heads of course, but that is how much PinShih was in our psyche. I imagine this happens (in different ways) to a lot of folks.

      As for Lishu's mane, I let it grow out. The hairs actually touch things before she bumps into them acting as a type of SONAR/early warning system, which helps her get around without bumping into things. I can't explain how she gets around in our backyard except for maybe she has a good memory. Google 'muffin's halo' - it's a useful thing for blind dogs (I'm not affiliated) but Lishu has her own built in mane halo. Now if something is right in front of her, the mane doesn't work. But I very rarely see her bump into anything. And when she does, she barely reacts and just keeps on going. But if she is laying or sitting down and has a strong sneeze, she sometimes hits her nose on the floor : (

      I would give up anything for a day with Bear, Sweden and PinShih again. Sadly, the holes they leave in our hearts are permanent.

      Delete