Thursday, September 10, 2015

Goals & Genius




I heard this quote in a movie recently and thought it perfectly described thrift flippers. We have created something from nothing. That creativity equals genius! 


I set the goal are raising $1400 for a trip to New Orleans on the first week of August. Even though it looked shaky for a while I accomplished my goal. Since August 1st I made: 

Ebay: $1100
Daniella's companion: $600 
Total: $1700

My New Orleans Budget looks like: 

Hotels: $600 
Gas: $50 
Food: $250 (food is expensive in NO) 
Spending money: $300

Total: $1200

Selling on eBay has really changed my life. Disability pays all my monthly bills, but wasn't enough for me to pay for groceries, medical needs or have spending money. Selling on eBay has paid for my trip to Washington DC in March and now to New Orleans. If you aren't selling on eBay, why not? 

After struggling over Labor Day weekend, things have picked up. Thanks to those who offered suggestions! They were very helpful. Here are some of the items I've sold recently: 



     NYDJ jeans Plumberry Python design
NYDJ have become one of my favorite brands to sell. I find them cheap VERY often and most sell well. 

                    Cost: $2.49 
                    Sold: $34.99 



     Harari Oriental style women's jacket 
I spent too much on this jacket, but it intrigued me. The style is very unique and it's a very high quality jacket. If you can find this brand cheap, buy it! 

                    Cost: $6.00
                    Sold: $22.99 




          Lanvin Paris 100% silk ties 
Ties are my new favorite thing to buy and these are the first ones I've sold. They are generally cheap at thrift stores. Big name designer brands are easy to find. Plus, they are super easy to ship. I didn't make a huge profit on these, but it all adds up. 

                    Cost: $3.00 
                    Sold: $11.00 





     Vintage Star Wars sheets from 1977 
Ok...I probably priced these WAY too low. I didn't realize how old they were when I first listed them, I got them for free ; and they had a couple rips. Daniella's Mom donated them for our Disabled Lives Matter yard sale and I chose to sell them on eBay. They sold in one day. Oh well. We live, we learn. 

                    Cost: Free
                    Sold: $11.99 




        Jamie Sadock women's shirt

This is the second time I sold this shirt. It was too short for the first buyer. This is also the only Jamie Sadock item I've ever found. If you find it: buy it! You won't regret it. 

                    Cost: $2.00 
                    Sold: $27.00 


Thanks for listening to my struggles earlier in the week. The last couple days just shows what a roller coaster ride selling on eBay can be! 
         

No comments:

Post a Comment