Thursday, September 17, 2015

On to the Next Challenge

I find it's easy to stay motivated with ebay, if I break it down into challenges. My August-September challenge was to take Courtney to New Orleans for a long weekend. I made close to $1400 and we only spent $1150....so that's a bonus! 

My next challenge is to pay for the holidays. I want to save for Christmas gifts, my own shopping, wedding gift for my brother, a few birthday gifts and misc. expenses. I expect it to be about $1200 (always good to estimate high). 

I've only been thrift shopping 5 times since May. I REALLY miss it! Yet; I feel good about paying for the trip to New Orleans by selling excess inventory. For my holiday challenge and the holiday selling rush, I will need to start thrift shopping again. Luckily! I'm so excited to take on a new challenge and ready for the best holiday season yet. 

Here are some of my sales from the last few days: 




       J. Press Tweed Vintage Blazer 
We had over 1700 views of this jacket and 12 watchers when it finally sold. If you ever find a J. Press jacket (especially tweed jacket), BUY IT! Immediately with no hesitation. 

                    Cost: $3.00 
                   Sold: $57.00 




     St. John Collection women's sweater 

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but most thrift store employees don't know the difference between St. John and St. John's Bay. You need to know the difference! Buy St. John items anytime you find them. I've sold every piece I've ever found for a great profit. 

                    Cost: $4.00 
                   Sold: $49.99 





      St. John Collection fringe sweater 

                    Cost: $3.37 
                   Sold: $24.99 




           Marni cashmere sweater 

Marni is a HIGH end brand that I've only found one day. My best day of thrift shopping ever I found 4 Marni items, 4 Dries Van Noten items and 8 Harley-Davidson items. NEVER pass this brand by. NEVER. 

                    Cost: $3.37 
                   Sold: $59.99 





       Nat Nast men's linen XXL shirt 

This is the only Nat Nast item I've ever found. Unfortunately. The more vibrant the pattern, the higher your selling price will be. My shirt was pretty calm, so the price wasn't too big; but the interest was very high. 

                    Cost: $4.00 
                   Sold: $14.99 





   South Carolina women's puffer jacket 

                    Cost: $2.00 
                   Sold: $17.00 





     Notre Dame vintage Starter jacket 

The jacket isn't in the greatest condition or it would've sold for higher. I seem to find Notre Dame items VERY often. 

                    Cost: $1.14 
                   Sold: $11.99 


September is starting to pick up. I LOVE the Fall! 

No comments:

Post a Comment