Wednesday, September 30, 2015

A-Z Brands

I LOVE reading other flippers blogs. They are so informative and I couldn't be a successful ebay seller without their valuable information. I check out my favorite blogs and websites every night for updates. If you know of a blog I should be reading, please share below. Sadly, there haven't been very many updates lately. Hopefully, that means everybody is busy with sales! Since, I haven't been able to discover new information; I've decided to investigate ebay myself. I'm going to highlight brands for each letter of the alphabet (if possible), for you to be buying and selling. I've decided to not include brands everybody knows like Ralph Lauren, Versace or Gucci. As ebay sellers, we NEED to discover lesser known brands if we want to truly be successful. I'll focus on a brand or two from a letter of the alphabet each day. Hope this helps! 


              Letter of the Day: A


Ariat 

Ariat is a western style company founded in 1990 that focuses on making high quality footwear and apparel for the world's top equestrian athletes. Ariat is committed to people who ride, ranch and work outdoors. It is a high quality American company, which creates high performance boots and apparel for athletes. 

In terms of selling on eBay, boots are at the top of the Ariat food chain. Pre-owned Ariat boots can sell for well over $100 on eBay. Jackets, shirts and basically any Ariat item will sell on eBay. Here are some pre-owned completed Ariat listings: 












Personally, I have bought and sold three Ariat items. I'd advise you to buy any reasonably priced Ariat item. Shirts for $5.00 or less is a great buy. Jackets $6.00 and under is also a great buy. I've never found a pair of Ariat boots, but would probably spend at least $25.00 on a pair in good condition. I haven't found a high priced Ariat item YET, but I'm always on the lookout. Here is what I have sold: 



     Ariat Men's 2XL button down shirt 

                    Cost: $4.49 
                   Sold: $29.99 




     Ariat Women's Fleece Small Jacket

                    Cost: $2.49 
                   Sold: $13.99 




       Ariat Women's Pearl Snap Shirt 

                    Cost: $3.37 
                   Sold: $14.99 





Arc'Teryx 

Arc'Teryx is an outdoor clothing and sporting good company founded in Canada in 1989. Arc'Teryx refers to the Archaeopteryx, the earliest known bird. The logo is based on the "Berlin Specimen" of the bird, the most complete skeleton to date (I know this isn't important to flipping, but I found it interesting. I'm a nerd). Arc'Teryx creates apparel associated with climbing, skiing, snowboarding, backpacking and hiking. They even produce equipment for the military and law enforcement; including the United States Marine Corps. 

When flipping, ALWAYS look for Arc'Teryx jackets. Pre-owned jackets can sell for over $200 on eBay. Shirts and pants sell well also. Honestly, I'd buy any Arc'Teryx item unless the condition was awful or price is crazy. Here are a few pre-owned completed Arc'Teryx listings: 






Personally, I've only bought and sold one Arc'Teryx item. Actually, I sold it yesterday after being listed for three weeks. Praying I find more soon! 



     Arc'Teryx men's large windbreaker 

                    Cost: $2.29 
                    Sold: $39.00



Arc'Teryx and Ariat are almost automatic buys for me. The only way I wouldn't buy an item is if it's in horrible condition or if the price isn't right. Luckily, most thrift stores don't know either brand; so you can usually find the items cheap. 

Has anyone sold Arc'Teryx or Ariat items? How have you done with them? 


Tomorrow: B 
Brioni 


 

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips! I'm new to eBay and trying to learn the brands to pick up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Thank you for reading. If you have any question or need any help...just ask! I'll help the best I can. There's a lot I still don't know but I do know a lot of brands to sell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome - thanks for starting this list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! Thank you for such a precious info - brands A to Z! I started doing clothing in July, and feel lije there is so much to learn. As of bligs to follow - I like the Thrift Flipper, but that's how I found out about you, so you probably following her already, also instagram Clara from Boston, she was featured in the interview of Thrift flipper girl as well.

    ReplyDelete