Saturday, March 5, 2016

Small Rant





So, I'm going to start with something sweet. My niece turns 1 on St. Patrick's Day. Isn't she the cutest? 


My small rant: 

1. Does anyone else live in a city with garbage thrift stores? Does it not make this job SO much more difficult? If I still lived in SW Florida....my job would be easy. Today I went in one of the three decent thrift stores in Gainesville and found a tie. Yes, that's it. A stinkin tie! Everything in the store was 50% off and cheap; yet all I found was a tie! 


2. 


I was so ready to brag about no returns since October then I got this jacket in the mail. I sold it for $65 last week. How do I go 5 months without any returns? Details! I provide every detail about an item so they know exactly what they are buying. I provided every measurement in my listing; yet it was returned because:"I believe it's a boys jacket...not a men's jacket." No! It's a men's jacket and you were given the measurements. Oh well, I'll start a new no returns streak! 





As for the jeans competition: I have 30 points. I bought 3 pairs of 7 For All Mankind jeans this week. Anybody else buy any jeans on the list? 


March has started kind of slow. Think I've sold 9 items. Nothing spectacular. Here are a few: 



    Hart Schaffner Marx Cashmere Jacket 

        Cost: $6.00          Sold: $49.99

I bought this jacket on Tuesday. I admit I almost didn't buy it. Luckily, I did and it sold the next day. This jacket is a prime example of my buy it...list it philosophy. As soon as I buy items I list them. Clean them then list them. Items can sell quickly; if you list the items. 




       Burberry Men's Long Sleeve Shirt 

         Cost: $3.99          Sold: $25.99





          Rolling Stones Tie 

    Cost: $1.00          Sold: $11.99





     Miller High Life Men's Board Shorts

        Cost: $1.07          Sold: $16.00 

I love how people up north keep buying board shorts. Those of us down south would never buy them when it's below 70 degrees. Ha! If you see them cheap, buy them. Spring Break is coming! 





         Jamie Sadock Women's Shirt 

        Cost: $3.99          Sold: $12.50

9 comments:

  1. Your niece is adorable!

    There are junky TS around here, but I avoid them. I stick to the GWs. They almost always have things I'm looking for.

    I haven't purchased any jeans this week because they're too expensive usually ($9.99). I did find some Allen Edmonds Oxford dress shoes for $7.99. They are like new, and I listed them for over $100. And I sold a Diane von Furstenberg dress tonight for $91.99. I paid $8.49 for it a couple months ago. March is off to a good start. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Even my GWs have been pretty empty. I only have 3 quality TS in Gainesville and they've had hardly anything. I spent 2 hours looking and buy 3 things. It's just not efficient. Plus; the closest city with more TS is Ocala: 30-45 mins away. I can't wait for Spring Break to go to SWFL.

      $9.99 is crazy! People can get new jeans cheaper. I buy my jeans on Kohl's clearance rack for less.

      Delete
    2. Some of the brands on my list I'd pay $9.99 for. True Religion, Marni, Versace, J Brand or any of the ones worth high points on my list. If you find those brands in men's jeans, I'd definitely pay the $9.99. The profit margin won't be as high but you'll make money.

      Delete
  2. Your niece is gorgeous! I have a 3 year old niece that I am crazy about, so I understand the bragging :-)

    Junk thrift stores around here too. Goodwill is so high! The crap shirts are $3.99 and pants are about the same. Anything semi decent is marked up $10-15 for used clothing! Every now and then they will mistake something for junk and I will get it. I can't wait for yard sale season! Weather is warming up here so it may start next weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds familiar! I feel your pain. Only difference: our GW doesn't have a clue what's good. They mark up new clothing and shoes but not clothes. The shoes/boots are outrageous!
      It's funny our garage sale season ends soon. Our community is having one the 19th. Ours ends in May. The students go home for the summer and it's just too hot & humid down here. October-April is prime garage sale season here. When is yours?

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BOLO. Not sure if you list or buy shoes, but I scored some odd clunkers and had a feeling: brand is CYDWOQ. Sold them within hours of listing them. Big dollars in this brand!
    Just want to share since you are so generous with your finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing! I've never heard of them.

      Delete
    2. Will def check them out and look for them. Generally when someone mentions a brand to me, it manages to show pretty quickly.
      I buy shoes when I find good deals. Our GWs mark them up outrageously.

      Delete