Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Process......





I bought over 100 items in SW Florida last weekend, so I thought it was a good time to discuss my selling process.  Maybe you can learn from my process and I can learn from your process. If your process differs from mine, please share below! 

Here is my process for selling items: 

1. Find quality items to sell 
2. As soon as I get home with my items, I inventory them. Write down the brand, size, fabric content, and how much it cost. I remove all price tags. 
3. Research how much to sell each item for and write it in my inventory notebook. 

4. I wash everything
5. I measure everything 
6. Next day I separate everything into 10-20 groups. Each day I photograph and list a pile. Usually, I do jeans, shirts, jackets then shoes. Listing is quick and easy as I have a format in my head. 
7. Anything that needs steamed gets steamed and I list those items last (my least favorite part). 
8. I inventory everything into a cabinet or closet. They are divided by clothing type and sorted in alphabetical order by brand. 

* I generally have 100 items washed, photographed, listed and inventoried within 5 days. Nothing sells sitting in the closet* 

9. When something sells: I know exactly where it is located. I find it and pack it up. 
10. I schedule the post office to pick it up the next day and print the shipping labels. 
11. I list every sold item in my selling notebook with all the costs, income and profit. 

It's actually a really easy process. How does your process differ? 


Here are a couple items I sold the last few days: 



               FSU Monopoly Edition 

          Cost: $2.00          Sold: $19.99

Monopoly generally sells pretty well. Any University's Monopoly edition will make you a nice profit. Just make sure the game is complete or you'll be stuck selling off the pieces. 





          Joe's Jeans Honey Fit Size 32 

          Cost: $3.00          Sold: $34.99 

These jeans were the first item I listed from my Naples visit and they sold in 10 minutes. Joe's Jeans prices vary, but the Honey fit almost always sells very well. 





        Hudson Signature Bootcut Jeans

          Cost: $1.59          Sold: $49.99


Great find from the Goodwill Outlet! I was very excited to find these jeans. 

4 comments:

  1. I wish I'd read your process months ago, but at this point my process is very similar. I have to get better about keeping a running inventory, though. With my costs being the same via GW, I always know what I paid (unless it was the $2 sale). I account for that when I reconcile my books by the month. But a running inventory is something I need to get consistent about.

    Your costs for the items you thrift are great - I'm jealous. I also found a pair of the Hudson Signature Bootcut jeans, and they sold fast.

    I'm hoping to do some thrifting tomorrow. It's been a few weeks, and I'm itching to go. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's interesting our process is similar. Must be efficient then :) Id say my prices are good when I travel out of my city. Close to home, they aren't very good. I'm disheartened with my local thrift stores. Don't even want to go.

      How did you make out shopping? What kind of prices do you have? Only one store or more?

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I have to tell you thanks. I found my first Vineyard Vines items and Miss Me jeans and all sold quickly. I would have never thought of those brands had it not been for your blog. You rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! I'm so excited to help. Love hearing how my blog helped others make money.
      Miss Me jeans are like instant cash!

      Delete