Sunday, May 29, 2016

A-Z Brands: J









A-Z Brands: J 

Jhane Barnes


Jhane Barnes is an American men's wear company. In 1976, Jhane Barnes borrowed $5000 from her biology professor to start her company (wish I had that professor in college). Jhane's distinctive designs for men's pants and jackets began to gain recognition and popularity with rock stars. Elton John, Paul Simon and John Lennon were/are customers. In 1980, Jhane Barnes became the first woman to win the prestigious COTY award for fashion. In 1982, she won Outstanding Men's Wear Designer of the Year. 
The fall of 2013 marked Jhane Barnes final men's wear collection, so anything we find in thrift stores is prior to 2013. 

Jhane Barnes has a decent size prescence on ebay. 3,705 pre-owned items are currently listed and 1,807 sold recently. Most of the items are men's dress shirts. Here are a few that have sold recently: 





















First, let me say I think it's totally badass that a woman created a men's clothing line and has won multiple awards. Love it! Recently, I have found A LOT of Jhane Barnes dress shirts. I buy them for $2-$4 and sell them for $18-$29. I haven't figured out why some sell for $18 and others sell for $29 but I will. I think the more bland shirts sell for less. Here are a few I have sold: 



          Cost: $4.00          Sold: $25.99 




                    Cost: $2.14 


I have these listed currently. Considering combining the shirts by size into a listings, not sure yet. 





My advice: Jhane Barnes pieces are pretty easy to find. Grab up the items. Due to her final line being in 2013, the prices will only go up. Most thrift store employees don't know Jhane Barnes is a good brand so they can be cheap. The items won't sell quickly or make you a huge amount of items, but they are good little sales to put money in your pocket. 



Jhane Barnes grades: 

Sales Price: B-
Availability: A+ 
Consistency: B+ 
Competition: B-

Overall: B


Next A-Z Brand: K 

Keen 

No comments:

Post a Comment