Sunday, May 1, 2016

Kinda Sad







I'm one of those people who don't need serious counseling and don't feel comfortable paying to share my troubles. Luckily, a year ago I was connected with a counselor at my local resource center. I met with the board of our resource center for advice on starting my own organization and they hooked me up with a counselor. We met once every two weeks for the last year. We just worked on my goals and talked about every day issues. 

Sometimes you meet people in life, who you instantly connect with. You don't know why; you can just feel it in your gut. My counselor REALLY helped me deal with my disability and kept me very focused on my ebay business. We just had a special connection. 

My counselor is pregnant and I knew she was taking maternity leave over the summer. I thought we would resume our meetings in the fall. Looks like it won't happen. Her husband decided to drop out of his PhD program and look for jobs around the country. We had our good bye meeting this week and I'm really sad about it. I valued her help and loved how she kept me on track. 

Has anybody else shared this same experience? 
How do you keep yourself on track? 
Any advice on who to surround yourself with or where to look for support? 


I sold only 14 items in the last week. Here are a few: 




       Brooks Featherlite Running Shoes 

          Cost: $5.00          Sold: $49.99 





       George Mason Nike DriFit Shirt 

          Cost: $4.49          Sold: $21.99 





        Keen Women's Venice Sandals 

          Cost: $2.50          Sold: $27.99 





       Madewell Women's Wool Sweater 

          Cost: $1.00          Sold: $29.99 


The next items I sold for a friend: 





       Marithe Francois Girbaud Jeans 

                    Sold: $29.99 





       NYDJ Women's Tan Jeans Size 4 

                   Sold: $19.99 




How were your April numbers? 

5 comments:

  1. Nice sales! April was abysmal. Worse than January. I can hardly believe it. I sold just over $600 - that was less than half what I sold in March. Kind of depressing.

    It is hard when people we value have to leave our circle for whatever reason. My circle shrunk a lot when my husband died. Just keep moving forward. There are people and experiences ahead that will enrich your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes the best counseling can come from an old friend. One without judgment, but realistic and compassionate. Someone who maybe needs similar counseling in return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes the best counseling can come from an old friend. One without judgment, but realistic and compassionate. Someone who maybe needs similar counseling in return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know someone like that 😃😃

      Delete
  4. It's so hard to lose someone that has enriched your life and given you priceless emotional and spiritual experiences. I live in a military town and it hurts to say goodbye to dear friends who have to move on or who have decided to move back home. But I am richer for having known them. Keep looking for opportunities to meet new people - I have a feeling you attract others who have the same good heart.

    ReplyDelete