Sunday, November 1, 2015

A-Z Brands: N Part 4



I don't have a brand for O that I really like so I'll do another brand for N. Before that I need your help. I bought a Lucky Brand denim jacket that appears to be from the early 90's but I can't find any information on the tag. Has anyone seen this tag before? Know where I can look for information? Any info would be appreciated as I can't list it until I have more information. 





A-Z Brands: N 

Not Your Daughter's Jean (NYDJ) 




Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) is an American denim brand founded in 2003 by Lisa Rudes Sandel. Her idea was to create jeans for women with womanly bodies. "I wondered why someone isn't making nice, hip jeans for women with a figure like mine?" Sandel wondered. The brand focuses on older women as their target audience. 

In 2005, NYDJ launched their popular Tummy Tuck line featuring strategic interior panels that help to flatten a woman's stomach. The jeans are also fabricated from stretch denim that contours to women's bodies. NYDJ also patented a lift tuck technology designed to lift up a woman's rear end, while smoothing lumps and bumps at the hips. 

Today, NYDJ is a multimillion dollar business that includes a wide range of popular denim styles in a range of fabric washes, as well as styles designed for petite, tall and plus size women. NYDJ features jean shorts, denim jackets, sportswear, knits, and loungewear in sizes 0 to 24. NYDJ is sold in large department stores and boutiques around the world. 

NYDJ is pretty popular on eBay, but not overly saturated. There are 6411 pre-owned NYDJ currently listed and 7202 sold recently. The selling prices of NYDJ jeans in particular vary greatly. Larger sizes sell for more money; as do jeans with unique colors or designs. If you buy a standard pair in a standard size 8-12, they will sell for less; so don't pay as much for those pairs. Don't be afraid to pay a little more for unique pairs. Here are some of the jeans that have sold recently (I've never seen any other NYDJ item other than jeans): 



































NYDJ jeans along with 7 For All Mankind jeans are the two great brands I find most often. You can generally find NYDJ jeans for fairly cheap prices; I regularly find them under $3.00. I've sold 7 pairs of NYDJ, have 3 listed and 1 pair waiting to be listed. If a pair is size 8-12, I'd pay up to $3.00 for them. If a pair of NYDJ jeans is a larger size or has a unique print, I'd pay up to $6.00 for them. Although, I normally won't pay that much as I find them all the time! Here are some pairs I've sold and have listed: 




My favorite NYDJ jeans that I bought and sold. I found these in Sarasota at their clearance store for only $2.49. The Python print was VERY cool looking! 





Bought these in Sarasota with the Python jeans. Pretty sure the same person donated both pairs. These jeans were also $2.49. 









                       Cost: $2.49


Listed: 





I bought these in Naples last weekend. I got them for free with their frequent shopper card. Every $100 spent, you get $10 free. I'm spending the money anyway, so I absolutely love this perk! 





Standard sizes in standard fits don't sell for nearly as much but these only cost me $1.50. 





Also bought these jeans in Naples last weekend. At $2.50 I'll buy them and make the $10 profit all day. The pair I still need to list is grey leopard print. They should sell very well. 


Unlike most the brands on the list, you can find NYDJ jeans every week. In fact, you might be able to find a pair every day. I do. Don't overspend for them as there is some competition on eBay selling NYDJ, but larger sizes and prints will make you some money. 


Next A-Z Brands: P 

Pendleton 
Patagonia 

5 comments:

  1. Hi there!
    I love your blog and I read it almost everyday :) I especially enjoy the A-Z brand posts you've been doing lately.

    Hi there!

    My name is Vicky, and I am a big fan of yours (I follow your blog and your instagram). I just recently started selling on ebay in higher volumes, and wanted to ask you about how you handle your taxes?

    I am currently a student, so the only income that I'm making is off of Ebay. If I am making less than $15,000 a year, do I need to file taxes? If so, where do I indicate my eBay earnings in my taxes? Also, how do I show proof of all of the expenses that go along with it? For example, a total profit of $100 is actually only a net profit of $20 with all of the expenses factored in.

    I know you must be super busy, but if you could take the time to respond that would help me out immensely! I appreciate you and your time,

    I'm just getting started on eBay myself, and was wondering if you could help me answer a few questions. In terms of filing taxes on eBay earnings, do you know what the procedure for that is? How do we show proof of the expenses (price of stock, shipping, etc) that we incurred that we have to deduct from our total income?

    I'd really appreciate it if you could help me understand the process, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vicky!
      Thank you so much for reading! I really appreciate it. Oh man....I've neglected my Instagram lately. REALLY need to work on that. You think people would actually buy items off Instagram?

      In terms of taxes: hate to say it but I'm the wrong person to ask. Due to being disabled, my situation is a little bit different. I actually didn't include ebay on taxes last year. My income was pretty low. Plus my mom still does my taxes so I'm not sure on the details. Guess I need to become an adult on the tax front soon :)
      Now I will try to find the answers to your questions for you. Or at least where you can go for answers. I have some of the same questions so it will be very helpful. Be patient with me. Today is Daniella's gym day so maybe tomorrow I can look into it. Wish I could help you more! I'll work on it....promise!

      Delete
  2. The taxes question has been on my mind as well as I begin this journey. I'm entering my 2nd full month as a seller (this is my only source of income) and I know I'll need to get things in order for next years taxes. I've definitely gotta get better at record keeping and tracking my mileage (which I haven't done yet).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, thanks for the heads up on the NYDJ brand! I've seen it in the stores here but didn't know about it until you posted! I've seen several pairs now since reading your blog but they were priced too high at $6.99.

      Delete
  3. This article may be helpful:

    https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2195375-i-sell-on-ebay-do-i-have-to-claim-this

    Better to be safe than sorry - if in doubt, ask a CPA or qualified tax person.

    This is from an NBC news article:

    It is against the law not to report all income to the IRS.

    It’s also true that billions of dollars in income go unreported every year. The exact amount, for obvious reasons, is tough to pin down. Much of this unreported income doesn't hit the IRS radar because it comes from sources that don't independently report it -- like wages paid by employers or dividend and interest income paid by banks and investment firms.

    To help you stay on the right side of the law, the IRS has come up with all sorts of ways to report this miscellaneous income. If you want to call your eBay venture a hobby, for example, you can only do this as long as you're not pursuing the hobby with the intention of making money. (One test requires that you make no profit from your hobby in two of five consecutive years.) If you do report this as hobby income, you can deduct hobby expenses from your that income. But you can’t use hobby losses to offset other, non-hobby income.

    ReplyDelete