Thursday, November 5, 2015

A-Z Brands: S Part II


Today was a long day! My schedule: 

9:00-10:00: Work with Daniella 
10:00-11:30: Goodwill 
11:30-12:30: Steam and list 5 items 
12:30-2:00: Workout 
2:30-5:00: Work with Daniella 
5:00-6:00: Cook & Eat Dinner 
6:00-7:00: First day of dog school 
7:00-8:00: shower and clean house 
8:00-9:00: Blog Post/Homework help
9:00-10:00: Scandal! 
10:00-12:00: Watch Basketball 
12:00: Go to bed 


It is entirely possible for me to sit and do nothing. Most disabled people don't receive enough from Social Security to relax, but I do. I just refuse to sit around anymore. I've already missed out on so many experiences due to my surgeries; I refuse to miss out on life anymore. My body hurts. I don't have the stamina I used to have, but I won't quit. I want to change the world for the better. I believe I'm disabled for just that reason. Ebay is just the first step in the process. What is your biggest challenge in life? How do you fight through it? 


A-Z Brands: S Part II 

St. John 




St. John is an upscale American fashion brand that specializes in women's knitwear. St. John was founded in 1962 by Robert and Marie Gray in Irvine, California. While working as a model in Los Angeles, Marie hand knit clothing for her own use. Her designs proved popular among her fellow models and she began designing samples. Her fiancé showed the designs to local retailer Bullocks and they ordered 84 dresses. Marie and Robert's mothers began producing the clothing. Marie oversaw the production, while Robert handled marketing and sales. 

In 1990, Escada purchased an 80% stake in St. John for $45 million. St. John used the funding to open its own boutique stores. Their daughter, Kelly Gray, became President of the company in 1996 and took over as CEO in 2002. The Grays sold the company to a private equity firm but stayed on as creative consultants. 

Gisele Bundchen and Angelina Jolie are both former St. John spokeswomen. Today, Kate Winslet is the face of St. John. The brand is sold in 29 countries and 27 company owned boutiques in the United States. The company has 1300 employees and yearly sales of over $325 million. 



I had a difficult time figuring out the exact number of St. John items. If I just typed in St. John, ebay showed me over 20,000 items; as it included St. John's Bay. For items listed as St. John by Marie Gray there are 2967 pre-owned items currently listed and 3011 sold recently. The women's suits sell the best (surprise); along with jackets and sweaters. 

The biggest piece of advice with St. John clothing: don't confuse it with St. John's Bay. Leave the confusion to the thrift store employees, who often mistake St. John items for the MUCH cheaper St. John's Bay. Take advantage of their confusion! Here are some recent St. John's sales: 










































I have purchased four St. John's items. Two of those items have sold (one the post office damaged and I had to refund the money). The other two items are still listed. All the St. John items I've found have been sweaters/jackets. I will look for the women's suits from now on! I had no idea the suits I always looked at as "old lady suits" are worth so much money. Here are the St. John items I've found and listed: 





                       Cost: $3.00

                      Sold: $39.99 




                       Cost: $3.37 

I shipped this sweater and it was in perfect condition. Somehow the post office damaged it. I still need to fill out the insurance form so the post office can reimburse me. 





                        Cost: $4.49 
                      Listed: $37.99 





                       Cost: $2.50 
                     Listed: $19.00 



Tomorrow Courtney and I are going thrift shopping with my friend Stephanie in Jacksonville. Our first thrift trip to Jacksonville. We are so excited!!! 


Next A-Z Brand: S 

Silver Jeans 
























2 comments:

  1. Wow!~So Inspiring. You are busy and it sounds like you are very organized. Thanks so much for all the great info you have been providing and motivation.
    It is so helpful. I love reading your blog.
    BTW~ The text is showing up black on black making it hard to read. Not sure if it is
    on my end. Its like that on half of previous blog then it turns back to white on black.
    Hope this makes sense. Wondering if it is like this for everyone else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly:
      Thank you for reading! And thank you for giving me a heads up on the black print. I wrote the post in the notes on my phone and did copy paste. I guess that is not the way to go. Haha! Let's see if I can figure out how to change it. Pray for me!

      Delete