Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A-Z Vintage: B


Happy Thanksgiving! I am in Naples for the holiday. I've already visited one Goodwill. Found another J Press jacket, Nat Nast shirt, Tommy Bahama shirt with an amazing back design, Tundra Canada vintage sweaters, a Betsey Johnson purse and more. All of it cost me: $22 and will sell for over $500! The Goodwills down here have 50% off everything on Friday....I'm excited! We normall do the regular stores on Friday morning so I guess Friday afternoon and evening I'll be at Goodwill :) 


A-Z Vintage: B 

Banana Republic Safari Clothing 






Banana Republic is an American clothing company founded in 1978 by Mel and Patricia Ziegler. Initially the clothing had a safari theme, but was changed to more upscale clothing when purchased by Gap in 1983. The literate articles, hand drawn catalogue and eccentric tourist oriented items were phased out and replaced with more luxurious yet common pieces. 

If you can find safari themed Banana Republic pieces of clothing, they can earn a nice profit. They are relatively rare on eBay with only 201 currently listed and 209 sold recently. Here are some vintage safari Banana Republic items that have sold recently: 




































I have found and sold only one vintage Safari Banana Republic item. I found a women's jacket kind of like this one: 




                          Cost: $5.00
                         Sold: $25.00 

I didn't make a huge profit and upon further research realized I undersold the jacket. Yet; $20 for a jacket isn't bad. 

When searching for vintage Banana Republic pieces look for the tag in the picture above. You won't find it often, but buy them when you do. 


Next A-Z Vintage: C 

Concert Shirts 

No comments:

Post a Comment