Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A-Z Brands: #


Sorry for the delay in this post. My car broke down yesterday and now I'm having a meltdown! Not really but close. Thank God for ebay because I actually have the money. A $800 car repair is NOT what I intended the money to be spent on, but things happen. As disabled people, we are forced to live on a tight rope; where any small thing can push us over the edge. I still live on that tight rope, but ebay has widened it to the size of a balance beam. Before selling on eBay, a huge car repair would have crippled me financially. Thank you ebay! 


A-Z Brands: # 

7 For All Mankind 






7 For All Mankind (7FAM) was founded in 2000 by Michael Glasser, Peter Koral and Jerome Dahan in Los Angeles. 7FAM is thought to be one of the first true designer denim brands. The company's name is based on the idea: the average person owns 7 pairs of jeans at any given time. 7 For All Mankind made $13 million its first year; an unheard of amount. 

In 2002, Dahan and Glasser left the company and started Citizens of Humanity (another brand on our list). They filed a lawsuit against Koral, alleging they had not been properly compensated. In 2002, 7FAM added a men's line; in 2005 a children's line and 2006 they added other items. In 2007 the company was sold to the VF Corporation, who also owns other brands on our list. 


Let me start by saying: not all 7 For All Mankind jeans are worth your time to re-sell. Which ones are worth the time you ask? Honestly, I'm not totally sure yet. That's my next project. Just keep this in mind: 

1. Bigger sells for bigger profits

2. Trends: skinny jeans or boyfriend jeans will sell the best. If you can combine skinny and boyfriend jeans....even better! 

3. Men's jeans are almost always worth buying 


You will have plenty of competition selling 7 For All Mankind jeans. Currently, 21,534 pre-owned pairs are listed and 17,857 have sold recently. Here are some of the sales: 




































7 For All Mankind is the brand I have bought and sold the most on the entire list. I have sold 21 pairs of 7FAM jeans for an average of $29.14. After selling a pair yesterday, I currently don't have any 7FAM jeans for sale. This is the first time in 2015, I haven't had at least one pair of 7FAM jeans in my inventory. 

You will find 7 For All Mankind jeans often. Some thrift stores have figured out their value, so be careful. A couple things to look for: 

- 7 For All Mankind jeans generally have 7's or A's on the back pockets. They don't always have them but most of the time do. Look for the 7's and A's to save yourself time. 

- The color of the size tag can tell you how old a pair is. Light tan size tags are older: from the early years. Really check out the condition of these jeans. They were probably worn a lot. Dark brown or other color size tags are newer. 


7 For All Mankind is a brand you can easily find and make money on. If you are really interested keep an eye out for my post about the different styles and cuts. I'm researching that post now. Until then, follow the rules 👆👆👆. Here are some of the pairs of 7FAM jeans I've sold: 



                         Cost: $4.50 









                         Cost: $6.00 














The skinny boyfriend jeans mentioned above. Keep an eye out for the Josephina cut. 

                         Cost: $4.50 
                        Sold: $74.99 





                         Cost: $7.00 

These jeans are the only item I've lost money on in 2015. They had been listed since April and when someone offered me $7.00, I just took it. I wanted them gone. These jeans show not every pair of 7FAMK jeans will make you a profit. 


7 For All Mankind is a great brand to buy and sell. I wouldn't have bought and sold 21 pairs of it wasn't. Just be careful when buying them. Don't pay too much for an unpopular cut or style of jeans. Do your research in the store! Sometimes you will buy the jeans and sometimes it won't be worth the effort; but research will stop you from making a costly mistake. 



Last A-Z Brand: No Brand 


Cycling Jerseys 





No comments:

Post a Comment