Sunday, November 8, 2015

A-Z Brands: S Part III



We are almost done with our A-Z Brand list. I'm so happy about all the positive feedback. Question: what would you like to read about next? When you are looking for items to sell....what questions do you have? What information could be helpful? Let me know! 


A-Z Brands: S Part III

Silver Jeans 





Silver Jeans are an extension of Western Glove Works, a family owned business that has produced quality denim products since 1921. After producing denim for many of the top denim companies, Michael Silver recognized the need for well fitting denim at a reasonable price. The first pair of Silver jeans, a unisex Jean called the "Frisco" was produced in 1991 and sold over 2 million pairs. 

Silver has a time tested collection of jeans, which blend modern and vintage details with intricate washes and creative designs. Today, Silver jeans has grown into a $100 million denim giant; sold in over 30 countries worldwide. 

It's difficult to know how many pairs of Silver jeans are being sold on eBay because of the title of the company. When I typed in "Silver Brand Jeans" I found 568 pre-owned pairs listed and 939 pairs sold recently. That is probably a VERY low estimate. A couple things to keep in mind about Silver Jeans: 

1. Every pair I've bought, I found in Gainesville. Silver jeans appeal to college aged students and young people.

2. Silver jeans has a VERY loyal following. People who buy Silver jeans, generally buy them over & over again. 

3. Although the loyalist disagree with me, check the condition of Silver jeans very carefully before buying. Several pairs I've found had rips. 

4. Silver jeans with thick stitching sell for the highest profit. 


Here are some recent Silver jeans sales: 

















Silver is a brand I wish I had know about earlier. I passed up buying several pairs; including some men's pairs, before doing some research on the brand. Now, I buy almost every pair of Silver jeans I find. Only poor condition has ever stopped me from buying a pair of Silver jeans. 

I have purchased eight pairs of Silver jeans. Five of the pairs have sold and  three are currently listed. The selling price on the five pair I have sold averages $32. Here are some of the Silver jeans I've sold and the pairs I currently have listed: 



                       Cost: $6.00 







                       Cost: $3.00 



Currently Listed: 


                       Cost: $4.50 




                       Cost: $6.00





                       Cost: $4.50 



Silver jeans generally sell pretty quickly and will always sell (unless you're one of the people taking awful pictures). Plus size, trendy styles and men's jeans will make you the highest profit: just like EVERY other denim brand. I'd feel safe paying $7 and under for plus, men's or stylish jeans (maybe more if necessary). Any other pair of Silver jeans try to get for under $5.00. Most pairs of Silver jeans, you can just write down as a $15-$20 profit now. 


Next A-Z Brand: S Part 4 

Jamie Sadock 

No comments:

Post a Comment