Friday, November 13, 2015

A-Z Brands: Z


November has gone really well so far. I've almost topped last November already. Most items I've sold lately are brands from the A-Z list. Proof is in the sales!! I've got the holidays paid for, ebay fees paid for next two months and almost my credit card monthly goal paid for the next two months. Next goal: trip to Las Vegas at the end of February. Just have to keep on pushing! 


A-Z Brands: Z 

Ermenegildo Zegna 





Ermenegildo Zegna (EZ) is an Italian men's fashion company founded by Angelo Zegna in the early 1900's. Angelo, Ermenegildo's father, started a small spinning plant that would eventually transform into a fashion empire. Ermenegildo earned a degree from a textile institute and established his own textile mill in 1930. Ermenegildo imported the best English spinning machines, perfected his weaving techniques and put his name on his fabric as a guarantee of quality; an unusual step for the time. 
Ermenegildo Zegna started the tradition of putting his customers first. 

Ermenegildo Zegna's sons, Aldo and Angelo started providing ready made suits, after taking leadership of the company. EZ focuses on expanding its client base without losing its individual specialties. 

Ermenegildo Zegna is sold in 525 stores and the company has 235 of its own stores (one of which I saw in the Atlanta airport). Today, Ermenegildo Zegna is still a family business that is based on honesty, quality, hardwork, constant innovation and teamwork. 


You will have some competition selling Ermenegildo Zegna pieces on eBay. Currently, there are 7805 pre-owned items listed and 5964 have sold recently. The suits, jackets, jeans, dress shirts and ties all sell well. They probably won't sell quickly, but you will make some nice money when they do sell. Here are some recent sales: 




























I wish I had bought this jacket to resell. The title is horrible and should've just been sold as buy it now. 




Ermenegildo Zegna is one of my favorite brands to sell. I will make the actual list sometime soon. Ermenegildo Zegna will be near the top. Why? 

1. Unlike Dries Van Noten, Marni, Chippewa and several other brands on the list: it's not uncommon to find EZ pieces. You won't find EZ at every store either. It's the right balance of hard to find and easy to find. If you spend the day going to 5-6 thrift shops, you may find 1 or 2 EZ items. 

2. Ermenegildo Zegna is HIGH quality along the lines of Versace and Givenchy without the high profile name that most thrift store employees know. 

3. Ermenegildo Zegna sells for great profits on eBay. 


I have sold 4 Ermenegildo Zegna items and have 4 more currently listed. Here they are: 




I found these at the Goodwill Outlet in the bins. Usually find Ermenegildo Zegna at the outlet. 




                         Cost: $4.00 
                        Sold: $31.99





                         Cost: $6.00 




I sold this as part of a men's dress shirt lot. I think it only cost me $1.00. 



Listed: 




                          Cost: $3.00 





                         Cost: $1.94 





                         Cost: $4.50 






                         Cost: $3.00 


If you sell Ermenegildo Zegna jackets, make sure you measure them carefully! The listed size is the Italian size, NOT the American size. It is very important to get the measurements correct. 


If you see Ermenegildo Zegna pieces in the store, buy them. Don't expect quick sales, although my jeans sold quickly. Yet; buy them anyway! 


Next A-Z Brands: # 

7 For All Mankind 

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog! Appreciate you posting all this to help us make money! Will you be posting a comprehensive A-Z list? I was thinking it would be great to take thrifting with me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading! I love to help.
    I can do one better than making a comprehensive list. Email me at BeU352@gmail.com and I'll send you the list I take thrift shopping. It's much bigger and better than the A-Z List.

    I can post a comprehensive list too. Thanks for that great idea. I hadn't thought of it.

    ReplyDelete