Thursday, October 22, 2015

A-Z Brand: L Part II

 



A-Z Brands: L 

Life is Good 

  Life is Good is a New England based apparel and accessories brand founded in 1994 by Bert & John Jacobs. The company is best known for its optimistic T-shirts and hats; featuring a smiling stick figure named Jake and their registered trademark. 
  Bert and John Jacobs designed T-shirts and started selling them on the streets of Boston. After an unsuccessful business trip, the brothers asked friends to comment on drawings and sayings posted on their living room walls. Their friends loved a beret wearing, smiling stick figure and the phrase, "Life is Good." The brothers printed 48 shirts bearing the stick figure and words Life is Good. At a street fair in Cambridge, the shirts sold out in less than an hour. The company exploded and began selling in stores. 
  Life is Good expanded to a full line of apparel for women, children and men; as well as accessories. They sell over 900 different items in 14 categories. Life is Good products are sold in 4,500 retail stores in the United States as well as 30 countries globally. 
  Life is Good has about the same presence on eBay as J Brand and Hudson jeans. Currently, there are 4,257 pre-owned items listed and 6,577 items have sold recently. Whenever more items have sold than are listed, I see that as a positive sign for the company. Surprisingly, Life is Good lots sell for the most money. Lots of T-shirts sell very well. Accessories such as spare tire covers, mugs and dog bowls sell well also. For other clothing items, I'd look it up before purchasing to flip. 
  Here are some of the recent sales: 

































  It's funny the things you start to notice after you start selling on eBay. I never heard of Life is Good before, but now I'll drive down the street and notice a Life is Good tire cover on someone's jeep. I find myself looking to see what brand of jeans or shoes people are wearing too. They probably think I'm checking them out or stalking them! Haha! No, I'm just an ebay seller. 
  I've only found two Life is Good items. Florida doesn't seem like a Life is Good stronghold. I sold a jacket for $23 a few months back. Jackets don't sell as well as I had anticipated. I also sold this shirt: 



  The shirt only cost me $1.00. I held onto it for months, trying to create a lot but haven't found any other Life is Good items. So, when I was listing my pile of items in the closet over the summer, I decided to just list it for cheap. 
  In the future, I will buy Life is Good accessories and clothing if cheap. I just won't hold it looking to create a lot. In your area that might be the perfect strategy. It just isn't here. If you can find Life is Good items for a reasonable price: just do it like Nike says. 


I'm heading to Naples for a thrift shopping trip tomorrow. Hopefully it pays off! I have four M brands to highlight next. Thanks for reading! 


Next A-Z Brands: M 

Marithe Francois Girbaud 
Miss Me Jeans 

No comments:

Post a Comment