Saturday, October 3, 2015

A-Z Brands: C

Yesterday I talked about Chippewa Boots and today I'll highlight two other "C" brands. These aren't brands that everyone knows like Gucci and Tommy Hilfiger. We need to dig a little deeper. 


Letter of the Day: C 

Citizens of Humanity 




Citizens of Humanity, an American company founded in 2003, produces luxury denim jeans that focus on fit, fabric and wash. COH was founded by famous denim designer Jerome Dahan and produces over 1 million pairs of jeans annually at its laundry facility in Los Angeles. Citizens of Humanity is sold in over 1300 retailers in more than 35 countries. Celebrities such as; Rihanna, BeyoncĂ©, Cameron Diaz, Leonardo DiCaprio and Channing Tatum wear COH jeans. 

There is an abundance of COH jeans for sale on eBay with 8,410 pairs of jeans currently listed and 5,260 pairs sold recently. The selling price of the jeans is all over the place. I'm working on a VERY detailed report of the various styles of COH; but for now keep in mind that trends sell. The trend right now is skinny jeans, boyfriend jeans or my personal favorite skinny boyfriend jeans (baggy hips and waist/skinny calf and ankles). If you find COH jeans in any of those styles: BUY THEM! Look for styles named: Rocket, Avedon, Racer, Dylan, Bandit and Emerson. If you find other styles of COH jeans I'd advise you to either look them up for buying or take into account the price/condition of the jeans. For instance: 



I found 1,476 pairs of COH Kelly jeans currently listed on eBay and 721 recently sold pairs. The prices ranged from $55-$1 with little reasoning. Those with better pictures sold for more; otherwise I couldn't find much of a pattern in selling price. If you are a risk taker: GO FOR IT! I'd advise you to buy the less trendy styles if they are cheap and in great condition; otherwise let someone else buy them. 

A few tips to selling COH jeans: 
1. The bigger the size = more $. 
2. Men's and maternity jeans sell very well....buy them! 
3. COH jeans run small. I've almost stopped selling them because almost every pair I sold was returned due to sizing issues. Even though I listed all the measurements, people would still not fit in the jeans. I'd warn buyers in your listing that COH jeans run small. 

Here are a few completed listings for pre-owned jeans: 




















I have sold 6 pairs of COH jeans for an average selling price of $24. Unless you find one of the recent lines of COH jeans, you can probably expect to sell the jeans in the $15-$30 price range. I don't have any pics of COH jeans I've sold, because I haven't sold any in 2015. 





Champion 





Champion, founded in 1919,  is an American manufacturer of clothing; specializing in sportswear. Champion produced the uniforms for NBA and NFL teams during the 80's and early 90's. For many years, Champion provided the uniforms for the University of Notre Dame and many other universities. Today, Champion is owned by Hanes and produced general athletic apparel. 

I LOVE selling Champion jersey and vintage apparel on eBay. Why? 

1. I wore the jerseys as a kid so they are nostalgic for me (and a lot of ebay buyers!). A lot of 25-40 year olds grew up wearing their favorite player's Champion jersey. A lot of those same people have mothers, who donated those jerseys to Thrift stores and they want to own them again. Luckily, my Mom didn't donate mine and I still have most of them. 

2. Thrift store employees seem to think they are cheap! I guess because they aren't Nike or Under Armour, they have no clue of their worth. I walked into a Goodwill in Tallahassee and bought 8 vintage Champion jerseys for $30. 6 of those jersey were new without the tags and were adult sizes. I sold those jerseys for nearly $300. 

3. People will pay good money the jerseys! Check it out: 

































My advice is to buy any Champion jersey you find that's in great condition. They are not easy to find anymore, so get very excited when you do find one. Keep in mind the great players jerseys sell high but so do those players, whose jerseys are more rare. For instance; Horace Grant was a really good player, but Champion definitely sold less of his jersey than Michael Jordan. The rarity of Horace Grant's jersey makes it more valuable than you'd expect. 

Tip: Buy Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley and Allen Iverson Champion jerseys regardless of the condition. 


Personally, I've sold 14 Champion items including; a vintage Notre Dame shirt for $49, vintage Ohio State football jersey for $30 and 12 basketball jerseys. I've only sold one recently, as Champion jerseys are not easy to find. 




     Nick Anderson youth medium jersey

                    Cost: $2.99 
                   Sold: $13.99 


If you find a vintage Champion jersey: BUY IT! I've sold every Champion jersey I've ever listed for a nice profit. You can do the same! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I must admit, I would pass right by those Champion jerseys while looking for the rare 80s Nike shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading! Now you can look for both!!! Odds of finding a Champion jersey are much higher than a rare 80's Nike shirt. In fact I found one yesterday at the Goodwill Outlet for $1!

      Delete