Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A-Z Brands: G

The A-Z brand is just buzzing along. Today, we are on to G. Before I forget, if you are on Facebook like my page: Disabled Lives Matter. I need to make keeping the page going a priority. I've dropped the ball on it! Thanks! 

A-Z Brands: G 

G-Star Raw 





G-Star Raw is a designer clothing company founded in 1989 in Amsterdam. G-Star Raw produces urban clothing that is inspired by vintage military apparel. 

G-Star Raw introduced luxury denim to the streets. The company promotes the inherent beauty of denim by creating washes and treatments that bring out its unique characteristics and qualities. 

Socially, G-Star Raw collaborates with Pharrell Williams on a project called "Raw For Oceans," a collection of denim made from recycled plastics found in the ocean. 

G-Star Raw is gold on eBay! Currently, there are only 1,756 items listed and 2,012 have sold recently. The best sellers are jeans, jackets and boots. As I'm going through the A-Z list, I'm noticing a pattern of jeans, jackets and boots being the best sellers for several brands. Explains why those are my favorite items to sell! The worst sellers are plain shirts. Here are a few examples of pre-owned G-Star Raw items sold recently: 

































I haven't found any G-Star Raw items lately and have only found two items ever. I sold a women's graphic T for $20 and a pair of women's jeans for $40. 

You probably won't find G-Star Raw items very often; but if you do: BUY IT! The men's clothing can be very profitable as well as certain women's items. As usual price, condition and style should determine if you buy it. 



A-Z Brands: G 

Givenchy 





Givenchy is a luxury French brand of haute couture clothing, accessories and perfumes. The company was founded in 1952 by Hubert de Givenchy in Paris, France. Givenchy is known for modern, lady like clothing. Givenchy was the first high fashion house to create a ready to wear clothing line. 
In 1956, Balenciaga and Givenchy presented their new collections together and were headquartered next to each other. The designers and their companies formed a tight relationship. In 1969, Givenchy launched his first men's clothing line. Passionate about design, Hubert de Givenchy was chosen in the 1970's to design every Hilton Hotel room worldwide. He was even selected to design the Lincoln Continental Mark V luxury car. In 1995, Givenchy left his own brand, but remained on the Board of Directors. He was succeeded by Alexander McQueen amongst others. 

Celebrities LOVE to wear Givenchy. Audrey Hepburn wore Givenchy in her most famous movie roles; including the "little black dress," worn in Breakfast at Tiffany's. Lauren Baccall, Jackie Kennedy, Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Garner, Charlize Theron, Kanye West, Russell Westbrook, Jay Z and BeyoncĂ© are known for wearing Givenchy. Alicia Keys is currently the spokeswoman for Givenchy perfume. 

Currently, there are 5,294 Givenchy pre-owned Givenchy items listed on eBay and 4,322 have sold recently. The best selling Givenchy items are purses, shoes, graphic T's and sweaters. The louder the better! Anything with flashy colors, attention grabbing designs or known characters will sell for more. Givenchy is one of the brands where newer items sell better than vintage items. Vintage items seem to use the logo with four squares and the new items lack the squares or whatever they are. See: 



 

Here are some recent sales of Givenchy items: 



























































Ebay buyers love of brand names never stops amazing me. $250 for a pair of used pool slides! Wow!!! 

With the high selling prices of Givenchy items, you'd think it would be hard to find but its not. I've found a lot of Givenchy items lately. Some I bought, some I didn't. I've purchased a shirt, two jackets and a couple ties so far. The shirt was a mistake but it was the first Givenchy item I ever found and my excitement for the best of me! One jacket I sold in two days (priced it to sell) and the other I haven't listed yet. The ties I'm waiting to find a couple more so I can sell them in a lot. Here are a couple of my Givenchy items. 




 Men's XLT shirt I never should have bought. Might donate it. 





I could've gotten more for this jacket, but I wanted to sell it quickly. I got the jacket for only $2.40. So, it was a nice profit. 


In terms of Givenchy, newer items are better but you might not find those second hand. I'd look for bright, attention grabbing items. Or very high quality items like my jacket above. It was in perfect condition. If the price is right: BUY! 


Next A-Z Brands: H 

Hudson Jeans  

No comments:

Post a Comment