Friday, October 16, 2015

A-Z Brands


A-Z Brands: H 

Hudson Jeans 




  Hudson jeans company was founded in 2002 by Peter Kim in Los Angeles.  Hudson's mission is to create fashion forward designer jeans that reflect the company's slogan, "London edge meets L.A. glam."  Hudson is known for their sexy fit, comfortable soft denim fabric and iconic back pocket flaps.  Each pair of Hudson jeans are hand finished and tailored for a one of a kind fit.  Hudson jeans are recognizable by their triangle flap back pockets with the iconic Union Jack logo.  In August 2013, the company was acquired by rival denim brand Joe's Jeans. Hudson jeans are worn by celebrities Kate Hudson, Angelina Jolie, Jennifer Lopez, Kerry Washington and Sandra Bullock. 


  Hudson is a VERY popular brand on eBay. Currently, there are 3,999 pairs of pre-owned Hudson jeans listed on eBay and 5,684 pairs have been sold recently. The jeans have sold anywhere between $190-$1. Usually the lower sales price means the jeans were junior size, very small women's size or the seller took horrible pictures. Here are a few recent sales: 








     These are sweet! I would rock them! 





















Personally, I have sold 4 pairs of Hudson jeans. My best sale was $55 for a pair of black skinny jeans and my worst was $9 for an older pair of junior's jeans. You won't find Hudson jeans every week but they aren't a totally rare find. Unless the price is crazy, I try to buy every pair I find.  Here are a few of my sales. 



                     Cost: $1.00 
                     Sold: $9.00 





                     Cost: $6.00 
                    Sold: $17.99 




I purchased this pair yesterday. They were priced at $4.00 and the same pair but smaller was priced at $50.00 in the "boutique" section of the store. Sometimes I wish I could teach thrift store staff how to price items, but that would just put me out of business. These Hudson jeans were size 32 so they were an automatic buy. 


                     Cost: $4.00 
                   Listed: $49.99 


Hudson, 7 For All Mankind, Joe's Jeans, Citizens of Humanity, Silver Jeans and J Brand jeans are on all about the same level for me. As long as the price and condition are right....they can fill up my cart all day, every day! 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment