Monday, October 19, 2015

A-Z Brands: J Part II

Today is the second day of J brands. I've decided to do 3 days. I'll save J Brand and Joe's Jeans for tomorrow. 


A-Z Brands: J 

Jansport 




  Jansport is an American brand of backpacks and collegiate apparel. The company was founded in 1967 in Seattle, Washington. Jansport was founded by Murray Pletz, his wife Jan Louis (for whom the company is named after) and his father Norman. Jansport was innovative in its backpack design with panel loading, unlike traditional top loading backpacks. In 1975, the company introduced the first convertible track pack, as well as its signature day pack. 
  Today, Jansport is owned by the VF Corporation, one of the world's largest apparel companies. Jansport is the world's largest backpack maker. Together with North Fave, also owned by VF, they sell nearly half of all small backpacks purchased in the United States. 

  Jansport backpacks are sold in high numbers on eBay. Currently, there are 2,643 pre-owned Jansport backpacks listed on eBay and 3,989 have sold recently. The money in Jansport backpacks is in the vintage backpacks. People pay BIG money for the vintage hiking/camping backpacks. For school backpacks you want to look for: 

1. Those with leather or suede bottoms. 
2. Those with leather or suede bottoms that are in great condition. Although, even ones in fair condition will bring you a profit. 

Here are some recent big money sales of pre-owned Jansport backpacks: 






I had no clue to look for this color in particular. Writing the A-Z list has taught me so much! 




















Almost every 90's kid had a Jansport backpack. I know I did! I've seen a lot of people sell their backpack from school for big money. If you have one....go for it! 

As far as thrifting, I've found 2 vintage 90's Jansport backpacks with suede bottoms. Neither was in very good condition. So many you'll find are not in very good condition. Kids used them at school every day. The bottoms will have pen and marker stains. The exterior will have food stains. Kids were rough on these backpacks. If you find them for cheap and in bad condition: fix them up best you can and sell them. You'll still make a profit. 



I currently have this Jansport backpack listed for $17.00. You might not be able to see in the picture but there are stains all over it. I cleaned it up the best I could. I found this backpack for 93 cents in a bin at the Goodwill Outlet in Ocala. It's had nearly 500 views so far. Even if I sell it for $15.00 that's a great return on investment. 
The other one I found at a Salvation Army in Naples for $1.00. Thrift stores don't seem to know these backpacks are valuable. It was in a little better condition but not much better. I sold it for $30.00. You can find these backpacks around. Scoop them up, clean them up and sell them! 


Next A-Z Brands: J 

I will do Joe's Jeans and J Brand next 

No comments:

Post a Comment