Sunday, October 18, 2015

A-Z Brands: J

I could not find any brands starting with I or K so I'm going to highlight four J brands. 

A-Z Brands: J 

J. Press 

  


  J. Press is a men's clothing company founded in 1902 on the Yale University campus by Jacobi Press.  Since its founding, J. Press' clothing has remained much the same. For example; the company produces the vast majority of its off the rack jackets in the traditional three button sack style rarely found in America today. The fabrics are generally subdued and said to carry on a traditional Ivy League style of men's clothing. J. Press carries scarves and ties featuring motifs and colors for Ivy League schools including Yale's secretive Skull and Bones Society. J. Press caters most to an old fashioned preppy subculture and ignores popular trends. 

  J. Press does not have a large presence on eBay. Currently, there are only 282 pre-owned items listed and 397 have been sold recently. The lack of competition and high selling prices, make it a perfect brand to sell on eBay...if you can find it! Here are some recent sales: 




























You can't go wrong selling any J. Press item. The jackets, coats, sweaters and suits have the highest sale prices. Generally, ties, belts and plain shirts have the lowest selling points. Yet; I would buy any J. Press items I find. ANYTHING. 


I have only found one J. Press item myself. I found this jacket at a thrift store in Naples, Florida (best city to thrift shop in the US that I've been to) for only $3.00. I settled for a best offer of $57.00 after the jacket had over 2,000 views and 15 watches! 




                      Cost: $3.00 
                     Sold: $57.00 


My new favorite rack at every thrift store is the men's coats. Why? 

1. People donate HIGH end coats/jackets all the time. I regularly find Christian Dior, Givenchy, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace and Ermenegildo Zegna. Once I found a Brioni jacket and just this one time I found a J. Press jacket. Not surprisingly, both of those finds were in Naples. 

2. They are on clearance very often! 

3. Not many people seem to search that section so I consistently find good items. 

4. The jackets are usually in very good condition. 

I would suggest searching the section often. It would be the best place to find an amazing J. Press item. 


Tomorrow's A-Z Brands: J 

J Brand Jeans 
Joe's Jeans 

No comments:

Post a Comment