Wednesday, October 28, 2015

A-Z Brands: M Part II


Shout out to Daniella's parents for giving me an unexpected day off! I got to list 24 items, clean the shoes I'm listing tomorrow and clean the house. One item I listed today sold in 5 minutes so that felt good.  I only have 20-25 items left to list. Hallelujah! 


A-Z Brands: M Part II 

Marni 





Marni is a brand I stumbled upon innocently. I was in my Goodwill; it was my en fuego day in May, where I spent $150 and made over $2000. I saw this sweater on the rack: 




I had never heard of Marni but the fabric felt different. It felt expensive! I paid $8.00 for the sweater and sold it for $49.99. 

Marni is an Italian luxury fashion label founded by Consielo Castiglioni in 1994. Castiglioni started by designing furs for her husband's family fur business. Her fashion line, named after her sister Marni, grew as her customers needed something to wear under or with their fur. 

Today, the company produces ready to wear clothing, handbags, jewelry and eyewear. Marni's designs have been described as quirky, feminine, off beat and funky. Marni launched its first menswear line in 2007, introducing leggings as bottoms for men (which I find totally strange!). 

Marni is sold in 16 countries, but is still a family business. Consielo Castiglioni is the designer, her husband is the CEO and her daughter runs the online store. In 2007, annual sales were approximately $100 million. As of 2007, Castiglioni was uninterested in selling the company to potential investors or buyers; she wants it to remain a family business. 

Marni is one of the more rare brands on the A-Z list on eBay. Only 2835 pre-owned items are currently listed and 1602 have sold recently. You should look for ANY Marni item. Jackets, shoes and dresses sell the best, but everything will make you money. Marni is the perfect combination of high quality, rarity and retail price. The only Marni items that sell for a low price are ones sold by people who have no clue how to price their items. You are not that person! Here are some recent Marni sales: 



























I have found 4 Marni items: all in the same day, in the same place. Someone did not pick up their dry cleaning and the dry cleaners donated 4 Marni items and 4 Dries Van Noten items (plus 8 Harley Davidson shirts). Crazy part is they all were the "color of the week," meaning they had been there for 3 weeks and were 25% off.  I've never seen any other Marni items but you can believe I look for it! Here are the 3 items I've sold plus 1 that is still listed: 




          The sweater mentioned 👆




                      Cost: $3.37 
                     Sold: $59.99 





                      Cost: $3.37 
                     Sold: $39.00 





              Marni Smock Dress 

                     Cost: $3.37 
                   Listed: $39.99


Marni is not a brand you will find every time or even every month. If you are lucky enough to find it...buy it! Not only that, if you find one item, search that store for more. It will be worth it! 


Next A-Z Brands: M Part III 

Mitchell & Ness 

No comments:

Post a Comment