Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A-Z Brands: J Part III

Today will be the last of the J brands. I will share a two Los Angeles based denim brands I love to buy and sell. 


A-Z Brands: J 

J. Brand 




  J. Brand is a Los Angeles based denim company founded by Jeff Rudes in 2004. The company's mission is to create the perfect fitting jean that is classic, sophisticated and timeless. J. Brand started the skinny jeans trend that is so popular today (I have no clue why guys wear skinny jeans!). Rudes designed the 811 skinny jean to fill the market's void of skinny jeans. J. Brand's most popular skinny jeans are the Houlihan Cargo Pant named for MASH character Hot Lips Houlihan. The Houlihan Cargo Pant are Bloomingdales best selling pant ever; selling more than 300,000 pairs. 

  J. Brand is big on eBay! Currently, there are 5,674 pre-owned pairs listed on eBay and 5,042 have sold recently. Most adult sized J. Brand jeans sell for GREAT profit. Here are some recent sales: 






















A-Z Brands: J 

Joe's Jeans 




  Joe's Jeans is a Los Angeles based clothing company started by Joe Dahan in 2001. Joe's Jeans sells denim, accessories and footwear. Joe's is mostly known for high quality jeans. The company's products are available in high end department stores and boutiques around the world. Joe's Jeans is publicly traded on the Nasdaq Stock Market. 
  There are A LOT of Joe's Jeans pre-owned denim jeans on eBay. Currently, there are 10,176 pairs for sale and 6,656 pairs of Joe's Jeans have been sold on eBay recently. Other than following the trends, I'm not sure how to know which of Joe's Jeans sell for the highest profit. That's for my next project after the A-Z brands list. I'd say follow the trends and the biggest sizes have the biggest profit. Here are some of the recent sales: 

























According to the records my dog didn't eat, I've sold 3 pairs of J Brand jeans and 2 pairs of Joe's Jeans (I think the number is actually much higher). Generally, J Brand jeans sell for a higher profit and are more difficult to find. I purchase every J Brand pair of jeans I find. I'm more discriminate about buying Joe's Jeans. I can find at least 3 pairs of Joe's Jeans in my Goodwill right now. I try to look for bigger sizes, trendy looks and sales. 

The 3 pairs of J Brand jeans I sold were for: $61, $48 and $11. The $11 pair was a junior pair, which sell for much less. Lesson learned on that sale! 



        J. Brand juniors skinny jeans 

                      Cost: $5.00 
                     Sold: $11.00

The 2 pairs of Joe's Jeans I sold were for $40 and $46. I believe I sold other pairs in the $12-$25 range also. As soon as I complete my research on which styles of Joe's Jeans sell for the largest profit, I'll share. Until then....I just guess! Honestly, if I find a pair for a good price, I buy them. Obviously, research is needed! Here are a couple I have listed currently: 



     Joe's Jeans long Honey fit jeans 
I've had these listed since April. That's a LONG time for me. They have 7 watchers but just aren't selling. I'm clueless on this one. 

                      Cost: $2.86 
                    Selling: $10.00 





        Joe's Jeans denim mini skirt 

                      Cost: $3.00 
                    Selling: $11.00


Overall, buy any pair of J. Brand jeans you find. If you find Joe's Jeans at a great price, buy those too. 



Next A-Z Brands: L 

Lanvin
Life is Good 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great info! Raise the price of the jeans and I bet they will sell. Sometimes buyers think that there is something wrong with the item if it is too cheap! Also anytime I get a return I raise it by $5 and resell and 9 out of 10 times it sells again! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and your comment! Interesting strategy you've got. I read about raising the price when you have a lot of watchers. It seems to work sometimes. You're right about raising the price of jeans. Sometimes, I just want to get rid of stuff. Too impatient!
    What's your name on eBay so I can follow you?

    ReplyDelete