Saturday, October 24, 2015

Naples, Fla





  I grew up in Naples, Florida about 10 minutes from where this picture was taken. Naples was really small then but has really exploded the last 10-15 years. Naples has a lot of seasonal residents, who only live there when it's cold up north. Of course only people with money can have 2 homes; especially when one is in Naples. A lot of celebrities have homes here, I've seen Tom Cruise, Nicole Kidman and Judge Judy! There are a lot of people in Naples without money...people like me; but overall it's a VERY wealthy community. I realized this about thrifting in Naples today: 

In every other city, you search for high quality items. In Naples, you decide between HIGH quality items. 

I went to every Goodwill in Naples today. It took me from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. I spent over $170.00 on 45 items. Some of the brands I bought were: 

- Burberry 
- Balmain 
- Ermenegildo Zegna 
- Redwing Boots 
- MBT sandals 
- Stuart Weitzman heels 
- G Star Raw 
- Givenchy 
- Jordan 
- NYDJ 
- Eileen Fisher 
- Billionaire Boys Club 
- Vineyard Vines 
- Jamie Sadock 
- Christian Dior 
- Facconable 


A funny story, I was at my last stop. I had just found a Burberry jacket and was moving down the rack of jackets. I thought to myself: "I wish I could find a J Press jacket to go with the Burberry jacket. That would be amazing. But it will never happen. That was a one time thing." The very next jacket I found was: 








Now I've only found one J. Press jacket ever before this moment. I couldn't believe it! Unfortunately, I didn't mention the condition I wanted the jacket to be in when I found it. That jacket had stains and rips so I didn't buy it. Oh well...its still a good story! 


Today was a great day! Overall, October has been amazing. Here are a few things I sold recently: 



     Silver Frances Flare ripped jeans 

                       Cost: $4.75 
                      Sold: $29.00 




          MEK Jamaica Jeans Size 27 

                       Cost: $3.75 
                      Sold: $19.00




             Givenchy Men's Jacket 

                       Cost: $5.00
                      Sold: $15.99





         Faconnable Men's Sweatshirt 

                       Cost: $2.29 
                      Sold: $14.99



Oh and my mission to save $1,000 for the holidays is complete already. I'm very proud and relieved to finish before Halloween! 

2 comments:

  1. Although I'm in the "without money" category, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to spend winters Naples or anyplace warm really.

    Your haul sounds amazing....can't wait to see the items. Sounds like your trip was totally worth it. If I were you, I might be tempted to do ALL of my thrift store shopping in Naples.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you'd love Naples! My Dad's job moved him there when I was 3 years old and before it became a destination for the wealthy.

    I do as much of my thrift shopping in Naples as possible. I end up not visiting friends because I'm thrift shopping, but it's worth it for now. I was upset because the Goodwills had raised their prices. Claiming "it's season" as their reason; although the staff didn't seem happy with the raise. I was most upset with them deciding to suddenly charge more for name brand items. I'm not paying $10 for a Tommy Bahama shirt. Still, it just made everything a little more challenging. Didn't pretty well anyway :)

    ReplyDelete